1. JL1
    I apologize if this is a tired subject, but I have spent several hours on this site and others searching for answers. I have an 800w and I'm really disappointed in the headphone/music/volume situation. I have tried two approaches here and neither is proving very fruitful. I have modified the stock headset adapter to add a female 3.5 mm plug for use with real headphones. This worked and the sound is ok, but not nearly loud enough. I also purchased a Jabra BT3030, which works, but sounds terrible. It sounds 'digitized' and slightly garbled. I even tried this with someone else's 800w and it still sounded bad. And, in an effort to eliminate the BT3030 as the culprit, I tried it on my old 700wx and it sounded fine (though still not loud enough)! Ughhh!

So, I looked around for registry tweaks for increasing the stereo headset volume or something to adjust the BT audio settings, but found nothing specific. I found a tweak to increase the ringer volume, which worked too well (just for the ringer though), and I found a "audiosettings.pm" file, but until I'm sure it will help with my specific problem, I'm hesitant to try it.

I have seen many others asking for assistance with these issues. Can someone help? Please? I'm getting ready to box up the BT3030 and send it back--- and maybe the 800w!

Thanks,
    JL1
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Yes, the audiosettings.pm file helps quite a bit, and for quality, you should review Hannips A2DP mortscript - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168192. I have the BT3030 w/these two mods on my 800w, and the sound is quite good.
  3. JL1
    Incredible. I just installed the A2DP script. The BT audio sounds much much better!

One follow-up question. Will the audiosettings.pm file help with the volume for wired and BT?

Thanks a bunch--- (and to hannip as well!).
    It will only improve bluetooth because it increases the bitpool value.

See the chart on page 21 of the A2DP spec @ bluetooth.com/NR/rdonlyres/1DAE97A5-2CB0-4C9B-BE2A-6CEC0E978248/6539/A2DP_SPEC_V12.pdf

The bitpool can be set manually, as I did, by editing values in HKLM\Software\ Microsoft\Bluetooth \A2DP\Settings
    I use 2 head sets: Blue Ant Z9i for calls and the Motorola HT820 for stereo music.

Without any registry tweaks, using the above devices with the 800w straight out of the box, I have no problems with volume.

In fact the Z9i can be quite loud and is the first and only bluetooth headset where I don't always have the volume on maximum.

Tae