Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have 2 Treo's .
    battery of one does not hold charge at all.....
    if i use the other battery from my second treo all works fine...
    i am past 30 days ...
    will the sprint stores normally help
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    Yes.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    If you're lucky (and ask for it), they may even give you a second spare battery.
    These things have one year warranties, right? They have to have some sort of warranty.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    I have 2 Treo's .
    battery of one does not hold charge at all.....
    if i use the other battery from my second treo all works fine...
    i am past 30 days ...
    Your battery is still covered under warranty.

How do you usually charge your battery? Do you use OEM chargers or aftermarket ones?
  6.    #6  
    i use the one that came with treo 800w
  7.    #7  
    i called sprint..... no help... so ordered the one battery from experts....
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    You should have just gone to a Sprint store...calling usually does no good.
    I use the wall charger that came with the phone and a car charger that I bought at the sprint store. My first Treo 800w I got had some serious issue. I would take it off the chager at 730 am and by 1030am, I had 60% battery left. The sprint store gave me a new battery but it didn't help. I took the phone back after 4 days and they gave me a new phone which worked a lot better and didn't drain the battery like that.

Point is, if you go back to the store and complain, they will help you out.

The stock battery is worthless. Buy the 2600 mh battery. It's so worth the $50 dollars.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks.... I plan to go back and ask again.

I got the 50 usd extended one .It is my wife's phone that lost the battery. Since we have two treo's , i thought i will get it , since this will help us identify each others phone.

Quote Originally Posted by tjsorca View Post
    I use the wall charger that came with the phone and a car charger that I bought at the sprint store. My first Treo 800w I got had some serious issue. I would take it off the chager at 730 am and by 1030am, I had 60% battery left. The sprint store gave me a new battery but it didn't help. I took the phone back after 4 days and they gave me a new phone which worked a lot better and didn't drain the battery like that.

Point is, if you go back to the store and complain, they will help you out.

The stock battery is worthless. Buy the 2600 mh battery. It's so worth the $50 dollars.
    Be aware that some 800Ws are defective and drain their batteries, having nothing to do with the level of usage or what apps are running. I've had several 800Ws since July, each having a different problem. Normally, under heavy usage, my battery would still be well over 50% at the end of the day. With this latest 800W, I noticed the back cover felt hot even when nothing was supposedly running and the battery drained from near 100% to 9% in half a day. I swapped in a new battery and that worked great for about a week and a half, till last night I plugged it in to charge with still 53% battery strength, then found my 800W dead as a door nail the next morning and it would not charge at all. The Sprint Tech gave me a new battery and that worked until I got home, when I noticed that the 800W felt very warm and the new battery quickly died and wouldn't recharge. The phone would not work at all, even when plugged in. That's 3 batteries I went through. I called the Sprint Tech who said he didn't think it was a battery problem and he ordered me a new 800W over the phone.

So if you are not getting at least 1 day's usage out of your battery under heavy usage conditions, check to make sure it's not overheating (i.e. feels warm on the back when nothing's supposedly running). The phone may be defective and Sprint should send you a new phone.
  12.    #12  
    I think I might have the same issue.... will keep researching.....

Quote Originally Posted by GBGB View Post
    Be aware that some 800Ws are defective and drain their batteries, having nothing to do with the level of usage or what apps are running. I've had several 800Ws since July, each having a different problem. Normally, under heavy usage, my battery would still be well over 50% at the end of the day. With this latest 800W, I noticed the back cover felt hot even when nothing was supposedly running and the battery drained from near 100% to 9% in half a day. I swapped in a new battery and that worked great for about a week and a half, till last night I plugged it in to charge with still 53% battery strength, then found my 800W dead as a door nail the next morning and it would not charge at all. The Sprint Tech gave me a new battery and that worked until I got home, when I noticed that the 800W felt very warm and the new battery quickly died and wouldn't recharge. The phone would not work at all, even when plugged in. That's 3 batteries I went through. I called the Sprint Tech who said he didn't think it was a battery problem and he ordered me a new 800W over the phone.

So if you are not getting at least 1 day's usage out of your battery under heavy usage conditions, check to make sure it's not overheating (i.e. feels warm on the back when nothing's supposedly running). The phone may be defective and Sprint should send you a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsorca View Post
    Not worthless to everyone. I have the stock battery and have no problems.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Not worthless to everyone. I have the stock battery and have no problems.
    Me too. Plain battery is just fine here.
  15.    #15  
    mine is on its way cant wait
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    These things have one year warranties, right? They have to have some sort of warranty.
    something to note though that if you don't have the insurance/replacement plan from sprint, they typically charge a ~50 fee to do a warranty repair out of the 30 day exchange window. though, YMMV. I'm on my second unit and the first one crapped out on me after 31 days. they were nice enough to waive the fee (and I added the replacement/insurance plan too...)
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I fall into the heavy battery drain category. I would consider my usage light to moderate. Most of the useage is email (Active sync to Exchange and Flexmail to personal email). no SMS, 10-15 minutes of phone use a day and I can't go 12 hrs on a charge.

So do I take it to the Sprint store, Sprint via phone or contact insurance for replacement?
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    I fall into the heavy battery drain category. I would consider my usage light to moderate. Most of the useage is email (Active sync to Exchange and Flexmail to personal email). no SMS, 10-15 minutes of phone use a day and I can't go 12 hrs on a charge.

So do I take it to the Sprint store, Sprint via phone or contact insurance for replacement?
    It all depends on ho much email you receive/send, but it looks like a normal drain to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GBGB View Post

Did you ever notice your screen not completely turning off? I'm having the same symptoms as you and my screen doesn't completely turn off, the blacklight just dims and you can still see the screen and any key pressed will turn the backlight on.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleflan View Post
    Did you ever notice your screen not completely turning off? I'm having the same symptoms as you and my screen doesn't completely turn off, the blacklight just dims and you can still see the screen and any key pressed will turn the backlight on.
    Yeah, that happens sometimes on mine as well, along with the streaking vertical lines, the screen going dark gray, not being after to turn off the screen, etc.

Tae
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast