1.    #1  
    Hi there. My new Treo Pro will be delivered in days, but I'm nervous, shaking in my boots.

I'm now using an HP IPaq rx3115, WM 2003 SE, ActiveSync 3.7.1, Outlook 2002, XP SP2. When I install my Treo Pro, I'd like to continue to use my Ipaq if possible.

Should I just wait for the Treo Pro, plug it in and then follow the onscreen instructions, or are there any preliminary steps I should be taking? My main concern is my old ActiveSync and old Outlook. Will they work with the new Treo Pro? Can I sync up both the Pro and the Ipaq with Outlook?

BTW, this is my first smartphone.

Any and all advice and suggestions welcome! Thanks!
    The only thing that I would suggest you to do at this moment is to upgrade the Activesync to version 4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByteRat View Post
    Should I just wait for the Treo Pro, plug it in and then follow the onscreen instructions, or are there any preliminary steps I should be taking? Thanks!
    Yup,,, just plug it up and your good to go. I haven't seen any differences in any active sync update I have ever done so unless you have an issue with your old active sync I wouldn't even bother updating. If ther is a version upgrade requirement or if there is new functionality you need then you could update when needed. Let us know if you need anything.
    Like GFONG said you would need to upgrade to 4.5 active sync. not sure why you would be using such an old version anyway.
  5.    #5  
    Quote: "Like GFONG said you would need to upgrade to 4.5 active sync. not sure why you would be using such an old version anyway."

IINBDFI

Not sure if that's a bona-fide acronym but it means 'If It's Not Broke, Don't Fix It'. That's why I'm still using 3.7.1. It worked fine out of the box. Never upgraded it. Anyway, I downloaded 4.5 and will install that today.

Also, I downloaded a full retail version of Outlook 2007 for $59.95 from shopnroll.com if anyone is interested.

Thanks!