Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Is there a way to do a soft reset without taking the back cover off? Something live holding a couple keys down..hitting another. I know when the device is frozen you have no choice but sometimes it's good to do once in a while...I've been told.
    You can do this with Blackberry's, not sure about WM.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    There are lots of third party apps which allow you to do a soft reset. Spb Shell has a shortcut, for example.
    you can download PHM soft reset component [it's called reset.exe] put it somewhere on your device and make a link for it in your start menu or programs. this works on both Professional/Classic and Standard devices. I have this on my HTC S730. On my HTC TyTN2 I use soft-reset included in SPB PocketPlus.

PHM Power Toys
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    With a bit of practice, you can also use the stylus without removing the battery cover: when you take the stylus out, you can see the reset hole in the treo pro, and you can just push it with the tip of the stylus.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    That's the best tip I've read so far, thanks oVan
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I use FDC task manager which creates a soft reset shortcut.
    I've been using:
    (see attached)
    I don't remember where I found it.
    What are others using?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just call me Berd.
    Berdinkerdikle, hey I dl that srst to my 800 haven't used it yet but Thanks for that. I'm using some of these Pro Tips w/my 800 & it's giving me good practice until Sprint gets my Pro to me. Again Thanks. (Man I love this site!)
    oVan, Thank you for teaching 'us' what 'we' can do. Now I keep reading & replying & hoping for answers: here goes: My 800 wants to do these that the Pro does so w/the GPS set up, Can I use my cb whip antennae w/a booster hook up w/the GPS setup that you've posted or does it have to be a regular FM antennae? Thank You.
  10. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    With a bit of practice, you can also use the stylus without removing the battery cover: when you take the stylus out, you can see the reset hole in the treo pro, and you can just push it with the tip of the stylus.
    Is it possible that there are slight differences in hardware? The reset hole on mine is not visible, only the S, E, and the T are & that too the back cover is just over the top of those three letters.
    I too have figured out how to soft reset by placing the sylus through the hole in the cover without removing. Not too hard, and you can't hurt anything by noodling around with the stylus until it works.

Also, I use Memmaid for soft resets occasionally and it has a host of other features that I really like. I know it is not free but it is cheap and it seems to allow you to install on different WM devices by using the same reg key so I was able to move it from my 750 to Pro without having to pay again or buy a new key. It also includes a registry editor and its main feature which cleans up memory without having to reset. It might be the only software that I feel I need to have on my device.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by treotogo View Post
    Did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Is there a way to do a soft reset without taking the back cover off? Something live holding a couple keys down..hitting another. I know when the device is frozen you have no choice but sometimes it's good to do once in a while...I've been told.
    You can do this with Blackberry's, not sure about WM.
    Thanks
    oVan's response is the only answer if your phone is frozen. If you're trying to reboot periodically from a normal state, there have already been a number of good software suggestions. My particular favorite is psShutXP, which can be found at: http://ppcsoft.narod.ru/english/ . There are options for a "sleep" mode & full shutdown, besides soft reset. The other functions don't seem to work, but it's skinnable. So you can make it at least somewhat match whatever your theme is & the reset part DOES work.
    back dwn a couple of posts to berdinkles, he gave us reset.exe use that right there It works great & it gives you a choice if you want to or not. 'Gotta read son.