1.    #1  
    Is there a script/app/etc that can redirect the turn by turn directions from the back speaker over a bluetooth connection?

I like using my GPS in the car, but its hard to hear over the stereo or if im driving with the windows down, but if it can be sent to my earpiece then that would fix the problem nicely.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    are you looking to run it through a regular bt headset? or headphones? I have an app that allows for running all the sounds through my headset...its on here somewhere, I'll try to find it when I'm on my laptop in a bit and post it. Or you can google triangle powers software and look for their bluetooth audio app. It's free.

I used it in NJ/Philly this week and it worked great, heard all the turn by turn directions perfectly (however New Jersey road design confused my gps...its like someone dropped acid and designed the roads in that state)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    are you looking to run it through a regular bt headset? or headphones? I have an app that allows for running all the sounds through my headset...its on here somewhere, I'll try to find it when I'm on my laptop in a bit and post it. Or you can google triangle powers software and look for their bluetooth audio app. It's free.

I used it in NJ/Philly this week and it worked great, heard all the turn by turn directions perfectly (however New Jersey road design confused my gps...its like someone dropped acid and designed the roads in that state)
    I would perfer through BT headset/earpiece. I hate cords and usualy I will have my ear piece on when im in the car. I have never even pulled the headset out of the package when I got the 800w.

Is it the same program that is used to give you stereo BT ability with the 650? I have that on my old 650, and I might be able to contact the website and get a version for my 800w (windows)

Thanks for the heads up. What is the program your using?
    Install and run...all sound through your headset. Can't adjust volume, but it was loud enough for me with Nav.

Oh yeah, requires registration....
  5.    #5  
    ok, this is really embarrassing, but how do you install it with the windows moble software. Im use to the Palm Sync software, not windows sync.

I Dled the program (btawm6.cab) and winzip wants to unzip it. I dumped it into my mobile device and then synced it up and then ran the _setup.xml on the treo and it didnt run it...just showed the file. (scripts).

I know this is a dumb question, and I bet its really simple but can you give me heads up.
  6.    #6  
    NVM...I got it....complete brain-fart..

Thanks in advance
    Install and run...all sound through your headset. Can't adjust volume, but it was loud enough for me with Nav.

Oh yeah, requires registration....
    You can get that same program here without registration.

Nice suggestion AS329. Works pretty good, although the volume is a little low for me, but it's free and better than nothing .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Nice suggestion AS329. Works pretty good, although the volume is a little low for me, but it's free and better than nothing .
    The volume outright sucks for music, but I was able to stream radio today at lunch and hear it while walking and inside while eating. The Nav however was plenty loud to hear over road noise, for me anyway.

As an added benefit, I can listen to the NFL Network on SprintTV, and no one, wife or co-workers, has a clue.
  9. OMC
    Get a Jabra 8040. Works like a charm for me.
    As an added benefit, I can listen to the NFL Network on SprintTV, and no one, wife or co-workers, has a clue.
    Yeah until you yell out "TOUCH DOWN!!!" at an inopportune time. LOL.
    Last edited by NicksGarage; 09/29/2008 at 11:01 PM.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Yeah until you yell out "TOUCH DOWN!!!" at an inopportune time. LOL.
    Yes, that vision has crossed my mind...
  12.    #12  
    The volume outright sucks for music, but I was able to stream radio today at lunch and hear it while walking and inside while eating. The Nav however was plenty loud to hear over road noise, for me anyway.

Well I use the Jabra stereo headset (http://www.mymemory.co.uk/images/pro...1212506176.jpg)

They work very well and holds a huge charge, but of course they are big (looks like your wearing earmuffs)

I use them for my music mostly and use them for in-car calls.

I am interested though. Will a standard bluetooth headset (1 ear piece) work with music? Or do you have to use this software to bluetooth music to non-stereo bluetooth headsets?
  13. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    A2DP headsets will do this natively, otherwise you need to use a program like Bluetooth Audio Gateway. Note, the latter programs will only work with the voicedialing bluetooth patch installed.
  14.    #14  
    Update:

I just got the Motorola T305 to use while im in the car and im having a *heck* of a time trying to get it to work .

When I use my Stereo Jabra headset I can get it to work with a little effort (usualy requires a soft reset since last time I used the triangle powers program)

But I cannot get anything to go through the Motorola T305. It installs on the 800w as a hands-free device. And I can use phone with no issues w/ or w/o the bluetooth program. When I attempt to use the Bluetooth Software and the T305, it will cut off all sound on the 800w, but the T305 never does anything in regards to playing anything.

Is the T305 unable to do sound through bluetooth with anything other then hands-free? Is there a trick to get the program working 100% of the time or is there another program I can try and use.

Thanks in advance.
    elrodvoss, I'd advise you to return that Moto T305 and get the Moto T505. I've go the T505, setup was easy and it works great.

Also get Hannip's utility.