Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Not bad.. Can you tell me settings you are using for weather panel and Ultimate launcher to achieve this look? DId you find most of your icons in one pack somewhere?
    Weather Panel Settings

Attached is my UL Config. If you want pics let me know, I can post those also
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Awesome, thanks for the details. I found the Phatfinger icons but never did figure out the settings for UL so I'll give those a try today.
    I think i'm all "moved in" on my Treo Pro. I like to tinker around and customize stuff, so with all due respect to storyr and his creations, I've removed some of the stuff i'll never use from the FlippedOut PhoneAlarm skin and made my own 'Phat+87' Weatherpanel layout. i'm not sure i like the weatherpanel layout yet, time will tell... iLauncher is at the bottom with frequently used applications on the 'home' tab, other applications on the 'apps' tab, system stuff on the 'settings' tab, and gps stuff (live search, gps speed sentry, google maps/latitude, and tom tom 7) on the 'world' tab.

Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    I think i'm all "moved in" on my Treo Pro. I like to tinker around and customize stuff, so with all due respect to storyr and his creations, I've removed some of the stuff i'll never use from the FlippedOut PhoneAlarm skin and made my own 'Phat+87' Weatherpanel layout. i'm not sure i like the weatherpanel layout yet, time will tell... iLauncher is at the bottom with frequently used applications on the 'home' tab, other applications on the 'apps' tab, system stuff on the 'settings' tab, and gps stuff (live search, gps speed sentry, google maps/latitude, and tom tom 7) on the 'world' tab.

What are you using to get the Touch Pro clock?
    What are you using to get the Touch Pro clock?
    storyr's 'FlippedOut' Phonealarm theme:

[SKIN] FlippedOut(vga & qvga) [UPDATED Jan 15 '09]
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    storyr's 'FlippedOut' Phonealarm theme:

[SKIN] FlippedOut(vga & qvga) [UPDATED Jan 15 '09]
    Sweet! I'm always amazed at some of the cool programs I somehow miss even after hours of reading different forums. I think there's just too much and not a good way to find it all.

I have one more question. I've installed the FlippedOut theme and it looks great exept I've got 4 additional icons on each side of my screen. "Screen brightness, volume, push email and another one of a little person". On the flippedout page these are listed as an option for landscape mode but since I have a pro I don't have landscape. Any idea how to get rid of them?
    So I'm having some issues hopefully someone can help with (I'm losing my patience with windows mobile) I just want a finger friendly, attractive, functional homescreen. Geesh - I'm spent days screwing with this thing.

Here is a screen shot that shows the extra column of buttons on either side of the FlippedOut Phonealarm skin. I'd like to lose those if possible.

I've also installed iLauncher but I was hoping just to get 1 row of large (decent looking icons) like I have on this screen, BUT I'd like them to link directly to a program and perhaps be able to slide them across my screen. I'm I on crack thinking there is somethign that can do this.

I'm getting there but this is all too much work. I need to go outside or something.
    So I'm having some issues hopefully someone can help with (I'm losing my patience with windows mobile) I just want a finger friendly, attractive, functional homescreen. Geesh - I'm spent days screwing with this thing.

Here is a screen shot that shows the extra column of buttons on either side of the FlippedOut Phonealarm skin. I'd like to lose those if possible which is what I believe you were refering to when you said you took out some stuff you'd never use.

I've also installed iLauncher but I was hoping just to get 1 row of large (decent looking icons) like I have on this screen, BUT I'd like them to link directly to a program and perhaps be able to slide them across my screen. I'm I on crack thinking there is somethign that can do this.

I'm getting there but this is all too much work. I need to go outside or something.

Any guidance or help is greatly appreciated!
    Sweet! I'm always amazed at some of the cool programs I somehow miss even after hours of reading different forums. I think there's just too much and not a good way to find it all.

I have one more question. I've installed the FlippedOut theme and it looks great exept I've got 4 additional icons on each side of my screen. "Screen brightness, volume, push email and another one of a little person". On the flippedout page these are listed as an option for landscape mode but since I have a pro I don't have landscape. Any idea how to get rid of them?
    I removed those 4 little extra boxes by commenting out those items in the skin file. I know it adds more empty space, but I never clicked those switches so I just decided to get rid of them to see how things looked. I also forgot to mention I commented out the battery meter because I tend to obsess too much about battery power if I have a big meter there, hehe.

I assume you want to do this, so here's what you'll comment out in the FlippedOut(320)_A.skn file:

Code:
    '-----------------------------------
    ' additional items for landscape
    'Image_BacklightToggle=1,14,6,image_backlighttoggle.tga
    'Image_BacklightToggle2=1,14,6,image_backlighttoggle2.tga
    'Image_VolumePopup=1,14,48,image_volumepopup.tga
    'Image_VolumePopup2=1,14,48,image_volumepopup2.tga
    'Image_VolumePopup3=1,14,48,image_volumepopup3.tga
    'Image_VoiceCommand=1,280,6,image_voicecommand.tga
    'Image_VoiceCommand2=1,280,6,image_voicecommand2.tga
    'Image_PushEmail=1,280,48,image_pushemail.tga
    'Image_PushEmail2=1,280,48,image_pushemail2.tga
    ' end additional items for landscape
    For iLauncher, the options for that program can be a little overwhelming at first, but basically if you just want shortcuts directly to programs, as opposed to popup tabs like I have, change the 'iLauncher Display Mode' to 'no tabs'. then you can create your program shortcuts and icons as needed. While you're there, you can disable the iLauncher close button if you'd rather use the HTC task manager by selecting the 'Task Manager Settings' from the top drop-down box, then set 'show task manager' to never, and uncheck 'x button closes application'. That's a lot of information, I hope it makes sense.
    For iLauncher, the options for that program can be a little overwhelming at first, but basically if you just want shortcuts directly to programs, as opposed to popup tabs like I have, change the 'iLauncher Display Mode' to 'no tabs'. then you can create your program shortcuts and icons as needed. While you're there, you can disable the iLauncher close button if you'd rather use the HTC task manager by selecting the 'Task Manager Settings' from the top drop-down box, then set 'show task manager' to never, and uncheck 'x button closes application'. That's a lot of information, I hope it makes sense.
    Thanks, some of the setup options are borderline rediculous if you don't know what you are doing. Instead of paying for iLauncher I think I'm going to try and set it up as a hybrid of what you and "chocmatic" have. (The Live Search is a Ultimate Launcher panel) This is what I have so far: I wouldn't mind having your Weather Panel theme as well if you feel like wasting another minute on my requests I'm running out of room and couldn't find a low profile layout that still had as much info as yours.

Last edited by jeremy3721; 03/22/2009 at 05:45 PM.
    I guess mine is a little plain (stock Mobile Shell 2.0) but I think it's pretty good from a minimalist perspective. Not bad for software I think I bought 2 years ago and forgot I even owned. I'm looking forward to the impending release of Mobile Shell 3 sometime this month.

how do i get a battery meter like yours that shows the percent.

I would even settle for one in the today screen.

Any ideas?
    The battery meter is part of the Mobile Shell 2.0 program. If you don't want to use that there are similar hacks out there that show the percentage but I personally don't know how to do it. I believe I found information on that in the Touch Pro forums overat Sprintusers.com
    If anybody knows of a free program to show the battery percentage in the top status bar or in the today screen, please post.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    If anybody knows of a free program to show the battery percentage in the top status bar or in the today screen, please post.

Thanks
    get homescreen plus

HomeScreen PlusPlus UI - Customization Manual - formerly BatteryStatus | Chi-Tai, Research, Software and Music
    -tgwaste
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    You guys do some good work. Makes mine feel all technical... but here it is anyway:

Here is my latest. Phone Alarm for the clock and Ultimate Launcher for the rest. (Pocket Weather as my weather tab). I have 5 tabs with different links on each one.

Home Screen

Weather Tab
    Here is my latest. Phone Alarm for the clock and Ultimate Launcher for the rest. (Pocket Weather as my weather tab). I have 5 tabs with different links on each one.

Home Screen

Weather Tab
    nice background. can you share?
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    nice background. can you share?
    It's not a square background but it works pretty good as is.

Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Here's mine

hey, what program did you use to show the battery bar and percentage on your taskbar?