Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Actually, here's a slightly different version running Resco's new "Contact Manager" which is in beta right now. It's a really great app, but one bug is it disables the Keyguard. Still, looks nice:

I am so glad I noticed your note regarding Resco Contact Manager. This works great for me. It also provided the refresh I need while waiting for the treo pro.

Thanks
    graylion
    yeah and the full screen caller ID part is pretty sweet

resco's gonna have a killer apps on their hands with that one...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    is there a cab file for tis anywhere?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Yeah, If you download the .exe and use 7-zip you can open the archive and extract the .cab to use. I like to do this and copy the .cabs to my device for a reinstallation in the event I need to.

If you were looking for a .cab to download straight to your phone from the net then I can't help.. Haven't seen that around. Keep in mind resco is updating thier beta's pretty often.. now 0.95

Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    is there a cab file for tis anywhere?
    I've just downloaded MobileShell 2 from SPB's website and it seems to be pre-registered. I've told them before I've told you so I don't feel guilty about it. I used Opera Mini to downloaded to my Treo Pro. The only thing that may have caused this apart from a mix up on the CAB file is that I already have an installed registered copy of SPB Wireless Monitor.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    I'm just trying the Resco Contact Manager Beta on my Treo Pro and see how it works.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 looks pretty nice. It's supposed to be released to consumers in March. I'll likely be getting it for my GSM TP which is on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    yeah and the full screen caller ID part is pretty sweet

resco's gonna have a killer apps on their hands with that one...
    Found another "interesting" bug. If you decide to uninstall, Resco's contact manager DOES NOT return your phone's contact management to its original state. All in all, with the number of big bugs, this is not one of Resco's better projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Found another "interesting" bug. If you decide to uninstall, Resco's contact manager DOES NOT return your phone's contact management to its original state. All in all, with the number of big bugs, this is not one of Resco's better projects.
    That is why it is Beta and Free! resco has a great track record with some solid software. This app has great potential.

Cons:
    * I notice some load lag, sometimes the incoming calls fight between WinMo and Resco screen, radio button for radios lag and sometimes do not work.
    * Contact search does not allow for first and last name combined.
    * SMS does not replace WinMo and only acts as a front screen prior to reply.
    * Needs battery indicator.
    * Needs to pickup some of the default contact context menu commands in the contacts to replace built in completely.

Pros:
    * GREAT today plug in!!!!!!!!! Very clean and slick.
    * The contacts and search work really quick.
    * Love the favorite contacts and history, great display option.
    * Nice SMS display.
    * Also the little red bubble indicators for missed calls, sms, and email are great.

I have my left soft key set to Internet.
    I have my right softkey set to Resco Contacts
    I have hardkeys for calendar and email so using this screen and combination of hard keys I am very happy with my usability.

I still have installed and await the updates. I like this even in Beta and will buy once it is released.

Regards
    Last edited by graylion; 02/17/2009 at 09:50 AM.
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    That is why it is Beta and Free! resco has a great track record with some solid software. This app has great potential.

Cons:
    * Contact search does not allow for first and last name combined.
    * SMS does not replace WinMo and only acts as a front screen prior to reply.
    * Needs battery indicator.

Pros:
    * GREAT today plug in!!!!!!!!! Very clean and slick.

I still have installed and await the updates. I like this even in Beta and will buy once it is released.
    I cut out a bit to highlight the few things I wanted to address.

First, I agree that Resco has a history of great software. But of all the things I've tested on various platforms, Resco Contacts is one of few that's alpha but claims to be beta. There are far too many large insects to claim beta status.

The search function in Sunnysoft Contact (& some others) is really neat. As you type in letters, it narrows your choices. That's something I'd really like to see in Resco Contacts.

If Resco Contact is to replace the WinMo SMS functioning, I'd at least like to see an option to easily see threaded messaging. WinMo gives me that going from the SMS page of Manila 2D.

If you're talking about a battery indicator for the Today screen, maybe. ;-) Since I run Manila 2D, I really don't use the standard Today screen (that might change with SPB Mobile Shell 3). If you're referring to a replacement for the battery indicator on the topbar, mine's sufficiently usable even with RealVGA @ 96dpi -- I don't have an issue with tapping it to get a reading box.

Your "Pro" for the Today screen plugin doesn't surprise me. Both Resco & SPB are good at that.

I'm waiting for some of the larger bugs to get killed off before I'm ready to use this one regularly.

BTW, there is a way to uninstall Resco without leaving yourself contactless. Most contact managers restore the preceding state on your phone. So, if you install something else after Resco, then uninstall that, you go back to the Resco not found bug. But Sunnysoft Contact seems to default to a hard coded setting for the WinMo contacts upon uninstallation. An extra couple of steps, but it works.
    Here is my screen shot with Resco Contact Manager.

Just wanting and waiting to get the Treo Pro.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    graylion
    I've only just got my Treo Pro.
    My Today screen looks boring compared to some. But I don't mind the WM Today Screen.
    I am using Elecont Launcher though.

I also love the fact that my 240x240 themes from my Treo 750 work on my Treo Pro!

Treo 600 -> Treo 750 WM5 -> Treo 650 -> "Glacier" Centro -> Treo 750 WM6 -> Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by javajunkie80 View Post
    I've only just got my Treo Pro.
    My Today screen looks boring compared to some. But I don't mind the WM Today Screen.
    I am using Elecont Launcher though.

I also love the fact that my 240x240 themes from my Treo 750 work on my Treo Pro!
    Simple is nice sometimes. Have you seen the homescreen plus launcher that tgwaste shared? The way you have Elecont Launcher configured looks the same (line of icons at the bottom of the today screen). Do you prefer Elecont for particular features? (Trying to decide myself and I'm cheap!)
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I just got my Treo Pro 3 days ago. Reading the forums I learned about RealVGA which made it look soooo much better. Thanks. However, I tried installing Cortez's theme, however doesn't fit correctly. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to make it fit? Looks like 1/4 of the screen is cut off on the right. Please help!!!!! Thanks!
    Mine is not nearly as customized as many of the wizards' on this thread. But I desperately "needed" a weather plug-in. After research I decided on Weather Panel. In my search to find the best place to download, I came across this forum. I highly recommend it ... some real experts ... and the latest version.
    my new mega theme..

using: Homescreen++ & Mortscript
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPalm View Post
    Simple is nice sometimes. Have you seen the homescreen plus launcher that tgwaste shared? The way you have Elecont Launcher configured looks the same (line of icons at the bottom of the today screen). Do you prefer Elecont for particular features? (Trying to decide myself and I'm cheap!)

Well I like Elecont because a) it's what I found first and b) because I just needed something super simple.
    Homescreen++ does look great though, and seems to be customisable, which Elecont really isn't. The only thing you can customise (that I've bothered to look at) are the size of the icons, where it appears on the today screen, and which programs you want it to launch.

Oh and of course, Homescreen++ looks like it's free and you can just make a donation.

So if you're 'cheap' and looking for a customisable launcher...then I'd go with Homescreen++

Elecont cost me $6.95 USD
    Treo 600 -> Treo 750 WM5 -> Treo 650 -> "Glacier" Centro -> Treo 750 WM6 -> Treo Pro
    I also like it simple...
    Plugins: RLToday, Today Agenda and Pocket alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by climax View Post
    I also like it simple...
    Plugins: RLToday, Today Agenda and Pocket alarm
    That's a great color climax.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Heres my current theme. Made with RlToday and scheduled weather update using mortscript. Let me know what you think. This is kinda my first attempt. I am a total noob with this stuff.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast