Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
    Hey, can you post the xml file. I would love to use that on my device
    Same here. I've been running Manilla 2D on my Touch Dual for a couple of weeks and it's been amazing. I tried installing it on my Treo Pro this morning, but I had to do a hard reset. the screen resolution made it unuseable. Can you post the xml or whatever you did differently than the standard manilla install?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    ok here it is... and here are the standard disclaimers:

1. keep in mind you assume all the risk of using the posted xml on your respective devices.
    2. there will be no ongoing "support" from me. i'll be happy to answer basic questions, but that's it.
    3. also note that the Internet, Settings, Music and Photo tabs have been disabled in my version of the file.
    4. if you haven't already, i strongly/highly recommend you go to the [27 Sep 08] Manila 2D on i780 + realVGA 96dpi thread, read it, read it again and then read and reread the [9.30.08-ALL DEVICES INCLUDED-UPDATE 18]New 2d Manila Build Released NOW thread.
    5. another thing to consider: installing this could consume 10-15 meg of main storage memory depending on what you install. most of space is related to the graphic files.
    6. Be sure to follow the instructions to install Manila2D and the suggestions offered by the more experienced XML coders. in addition to the xml i modified, i also had to resize a few graphic files for them to fit/fill the screen.
    7. Be prepared to hard-reset and start over if things don't work out. there have been instances where things didin't always uninstall
    8. i recommend using my version of the xml as a reference vs. using as is.
    9. be patient; there are no instructions with any of this stuff. if you're like me (inexperienced wanna-be-xml coder), you'll go through multiple iterations fine tuning things.
    10. good luck and have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Cortez,

Thanks for posting the your tips and files to get this installed!

Would you be so kind as to post the images that you edited as well?

I installed the default images that it came with and used your xml file, however the images displayed when i switch tabs are distorted.

Thanks so much!!
    -Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    hehe.. mine is a little simpler
    tgwaste, what program do you run to get the row of launch buttons on the bottom?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    tgwaste, what program do you run to get the row of launch buttons on the bottom?

its called home screen plus, it has a tray-launch feature:

http://mobile.twg.org/
    Last edited by tgwaste; 10/06/2008 at 01:36 PM.
    -tgwaste
    tgwaste, thanks for the pointer!

The thing I'd really love to be able to customize is the start menu. Having five icons to the most recently-launched programs is nice, but it doesn't always have what I want.

Has anyone found a way to put (non-changing) sets of icons in the start menu so that one line in the menu can be used to launch multiple programs?
    I would also like to know how to change the default start menu programs:

today, office mobile, calculator, internet explorer, my treo, pictures and videos, windows media

to something else. Anyone know where these are set?
    -tgwaste
    I would also like to know how to change the default start menu programs:

today, office mobile, calculator, internet explorer, my treo, pictures and videos, windows media

to something else. Anyone know where these are set?
    In 'Start Menu' scroll down to 'Settings' it's in there called 'Menus'
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    In 'Start Menu' scroll down to 'Settings' it's in there called 'Menus'

awesome, thanks so much!

Unfortunately i dont think there is anyway to get rid of the top 'Today' program (

But the rest worked.
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    ok here it is... and here are the standard disclaimers:

1. keep in mind you assume all the risk of using the posted xml on your respective devices.
    2. there will be no ongoing "support" from me. i'll be happy to answer basic questions, but that's it.
    3. also note that the Internet, Settings, Music and Photo tabs have been disabled in my version of the file.
    4. if you haven't already, i strongly/highly recommend you go to the [27 Sep 08] Manila 2D on i780 + realVGA 96dpi thread, read it, read it again and then read and reread the [9.30.08-ALL DEVICES INCLUDED-UPDATE 18]New 2d Manila Build Released NOW thread.
    5. another thing to consider: installing this could consume 10-15 meg of main storage memory depending on what you install. most of space is related to the graphic files.
    6. Be sure to follow the instructions to install Manila2D and the suggestions offered by the more experienced XML coders. in addition to the xml i modified, i also had to resize a few graphic files for them to fit/fill the screen.
    7. Be prepared to hard-reset and start over if things don't work out. there have been instances where things didin't always uninstall
    8. i recommend using my version of the xml as a reference vs. using as is.
    9. be patient; there are no instructions with any of this stuff. if you're like me (inexperienced wanna-be-xml coder), you'll go through multiple iterations fine tuning things.
    10. good luck and have fun!
    Hi: First of all great job! If i get to install this on my PRO, I will finally overcome my touch envy. I know you said no further support but I have some questions, that maybe you can be kind enough to answer. I need to know the basics: which files to install first and where. Everybody at XDA seems to know how and I searched, and searched and searched, with no success. I have downloaded the Update 18, since I got some strange files on the update 16.

I am just an enthusiasts that has done some registry edits and got the 3D Touch Flo installed on my Tilt following basic instructions so pardon my ignorance. Now, you said that the the Internet, Music, Photos, and Settings Tabs have been disabled on your XML. I have an idea on how to enable them by changing their value , but if I do, will they work like the other tabs you adjusted?

Thanks!
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I used the files in version 16; i have not reinstalled using version 18 and do not know if this version will/will not work on the TreoPro. i followed the instructions listed in this post. you can grab version 16 from Rapidshare or Megaupload. since i have not enabled the other tabs i can't say if they'll work or not. to enable the other tabs, locate the <Tab> section within the HTCHomeSettings.xml file and change the value 0 (which means "disable") to 1 (which means "enable"). for example, to enable the Internet tab (or Widget) the edited code would look like the example below:

<InternetWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="9,10" tab_icon="71,110" big_icon="31,32" />

hope this helps!
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    I used the files in version 16; i have not reinstalled using version 18 and do not know if this version will/will not work on the TreoPro. i followed the instructions listed in this post. you can grab version 16 from Rapidshare or Megaupload. since i have not enabled the other tabs i can't say if they'll work or not. to enable the other tabs, locate the <Tab> section within the HTCHomeSettings.xml file and change the value 0 (which means "disable") to 1 (which means "enable"). for example, to enable the Internet tab (or Widget) the edited code would look like the example below:

<InternetWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="9,10" tab_icon="71,110" big_icon="31,32" />

hope this helps!
    Thank you very much! I downloaded again update 16, (it has some Tilt files I guess I don't need) and located the instructions. I will play around with your xml file and see what comes out of it. Now, just one more stupid question, where do I install the xml file on my device? I'll post my results later on. Thanks again!
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    I am a Simple Taz

Treo Alert Pro - VoiceMail, MissedCall, TxtMessage, & Email
    Today Agenda - 14 days of appointments on Today Screen

Just call me Berd.
    hehe.. mine is a little simpler
    Great Scott!
    1.21 Gigawatts!
    Why don't you have a Delorean for Wallpaper?
    Just call me Berd.
    Great Scott!
    1.21 Gigawatts!
    Why don't you have a Delorean for Wallpaper?
    says the guy with the most BORING today screen ever....
    -tgwaste
    says the guy with the most BORING today screen ever....
    LOL
    Just call me Berd.
    LOL
    hehe.. no, honestly.. to each his own. everyone likes what they like.

-tgwaste
    hehe.. no, honestly.. to each his own. everyone likes what they like.

I don't like a lot of clutter or fancy walpaper, it makes it easier for me to see upcoming appointments on my today screen. I used to be able to remember better, but now I need to have my appointments always in front of me.
    Just call me Berd.
    I have to say.. MyMobiler is a seriously AWESOME program.

makes working on my HS+ theme a freaking SINCH!
    -tgwaste
    My Today screen isn't the most interesting on the planet, but hey, I might at least give it a decent background
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast