1.    #1  
    Hi, I know on the treo 600 and 650 I was able to block or hide the contacts on the sim card and use more detailed, is there a way to do that with treo pro ?
  2.    #2  
    ok I ended up answering my own question, by going into the contact and setting up catagories and then filtering per catagory. But when i open up the contacts then it populates all the contacts until i filter them again, is there anyway to lock it so that it opens up with the prefered filter, rather than having to set it up each time i open it up?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    using a registry editor, i go to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone and change the "ShowSIM" value from 1 to 0 (which means No), soft reset and they don't appear in my contacts. this link is to a thread containing a cab file that makes the change for you. you'd install to your phone and soft reset.
    Last edited by cortez.i; 09/29/2008 at 12:53 AM.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    using a registry editor, i go to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone and change th "ShowSIM" value from 1 to 0 (which means No), soft reset and they don't appear in my contacts. this link is to a thread containing a cab file that makes the change for you. you'd install to your phone and soft reset.
    Thank you!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    using a registry editor, i go to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone and change the "ShowSIM" value from 1 to 0 (which means No), soft reset and they don't appear in my contacts. this link is to a thread containing a cab file that makes the change for you. you'd install to your phone and soft reset.

The above works on my Treo Pro without a soft reset, changed the registry value from 1 to 0 and SIM contacts no longer appear in "Contacts". But with a soft reset the "ShowSiIM" value goes back to 1 instead of staying 0, and all my SIM contacts show up again. I haven't tried the cab file that "cortez.i" mentioned though. Wonder if there's any more permanent solution....
    @magic25
    The changes on my device stay. Maybe you are soft reseting too early?
    Last edited by bnycastro; 01/20/2009 at 11:18 PM.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter