Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    When I soft reset my 800w while it's plugged into the computer it gets about 3/4th of the way and hanges. Then I get a message on the computer that an unrecognized USB device. I use psshutxp program to soft reset.
    Same here. I'd been meaning to post it somewhere and kept forgetting. I always unplug before doing a soft reset so that it can complete the job.
    Often this happens for me, but I'm not sure if it happens every single time. It does happen most of the time I'm sure. I don't know if it was like that from the start. I do know it makes doing backups a hassle.
    Yep, can't leave mine plugged in overnight or when Sprite Backup does it's thing and resets, it won't come boot the whole way. I just have to remember to unplug it before I go to bed.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    If I pull the battery out while it is plugged in, sometimes it does not even know the battery is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Yep, can't leave mine plugged in overnight or when Sprite Backup does it's thing and resets, it won't come boot the whole way. I just have to remember to unplug it before I go to bed.
    I plug mine into the wall charger and have no problem when Sprite Backup resets.

Only when plugged into the PC will it hang after a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    If I pull the battery out while it is plugged in, sometimes it does not even know the battery is gone.
    You've just discovered unlimited power!
    Sometimes when you pull the battery with a charging cable of some sort attached, it will stay on for a moment, but wait and it will go off. I've had it rarely occur.

The first restart with the sync cable in it won't start up, but pulling the battery and putting it back in with the sync cable still attached it comes back up. Oddly it knows .