1.    #1  
    I didn't find similar software as Handbase in Treo Pro, I really love this in Treo 650, anyone can recommend similar software in Treo Pro? Big thanks.
    Handbasw ia available for Windows Mobile. You can find it here.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
  3.    #3  
    thanks man! It's exactly what I want.
    HanDBase for the 320x320 screen will need a bit of tweaking - 1.25 is the setting I have. There is another minor visibility issue, but over-all, I find it to be stable.

Style Tap is an alternative to upgrading to HanDBase for WM; however, it does not support the 5-way configuration and is MUCH more stable than PALM OS itself.
  5.    #5  
    previously I thought excel might be good enough to replace handbase, but now it doesn't look like
    I have done a number of applets for personal use and paid. I recently set up an Excel spread sheet to capture information I was previously capturing with HanDBase and except for the extreme convenience that HanDBase gives you with global searches, Excel does fairly well. Both applications have their strong points.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have done a number of applets for personal use and paid. I recently set up an Excel spread sheet to capture information I was previously capturing with HanDBase and except for the extreme convenience that HanDBase gives you with global searches, Excel does fairly well. Both applications have their strong points.

Hi bclinger, that applets sounds cool! Is it possible to share with me? I'm thinking convert from handbase to excel for Treo pro. thanks!
    I no longer distribute what I write due to family health issues. I uploaded initial releases to the DDH library, some of them survived their crash.

HanDBase excels at totals and summaries, which can be done with Excel, however in my situation, there are days when the amount of data changes and that means having to alter the formula here and there to match or to obtain a degree of consistency and that is something I do not like spending much time doing. Excel is really faster, the end results are not as good though.
    Thanks Ben for recommending HanDBase often in these forums.
    I just started using it, and it opens up a whole spectrum of possibilities.

I've been searching days on end for a cool project manager, mileage tracker, and check register.

Now with HanDBase I have many choices.

I have found the perfect Checkbook:
    CheckBook-V3

I really like Project Tracker, which looks like was written by you. :
    ProjectTracker

But I think I'm leaning toward Workdays, because it includes Mileage tracking for business errands:
    WorkDays

I think my most favorite part of HanDBase is the ability to customize the the db to better suit my needs.

Thanks Again,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Bunches of years ago I wrote a flat database checkbook. It is designed to follow multiple checking accounts, credit cards and the pocket. I use it extensively and have not done a hand-written register in 6 years. With the change of the "view" one can look at different accounts and bunches of other things. The Project Tracker applet was a preliminary of a paid applet I wrote. It can be customized to do bunches of things. The applet's name is BensBalancer. The database has at this time 2047 records. I archive the file every 2 years and back it up religiously every day from the card to the laptop. Another good one is Pizza Driver - the possibilities with it are outta sight, as it tracks almost everything one can do during a work day. Pizza Driver does much the same that WorkDays does and even more.

An exceedingly useful applet I wrote for personal use is one I call "Stuff." Stuff has a field for subject and a field for remarks. As I type, there are 369 miscellaneous entries in it.

Once one gets the hang of HanDBase, it really takes no time to make it do whatever you want.