1.    #1  
    Iphone is really good at internet stuff such as browser, google map etc. Very quick and easy to use, not sure if treo pro can match?
    well, I have the Iphone 3g. I am waiting for the Treo Pro.
    I can without a doubt tell you the the internet experience will absolutely, 100 percent, without any doubt whatsoever, positively, be inferior to the Iphone.

As a matter of fact EVERY hand held phone out competing against the Iphone 3g with regards to internet experience will be inferior.
    It is simply the best of the best no doubt..

but,,... that's not why I am getting a Treo Pro.

I want a physical keyboard, WORD editing, MMS, Voice Dial, and a GREAT Calendar and Contacts that work together. ( Agenda ONE )

The Iphone just doesn't offer this.. but the Internet is great..!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    well, I have the Iphone 3g. I am waiting for the Treo Pro.
    I can without a doubt tell you the the internet experience will absolutely, 100 percent, without any doubt whatsoever, positively, be inferior to the Iphone.

As a matter of fact EVERY hand held phone out competing against the Iphone 3g with regards to internet experience will be inferior.
    It is simply the best of the best no doubt..

but,,... that's not why I am getting a Treo Pro.

I want a physical keyboard, WORD editing, MMS, Voice Dial, and a GREAT Calendar and Contacts that work together. ( Agenda ONE )

The Iphone just doesn't offer this.. but the Internet is great..!

dude, we are in the same boat and I'm waiting for my treo pro too. I just cannot afford two AT&T accounts, wondering what shall i do if I really miss the internet pleasure on iphone....sigh
    You can keep your Iphone account so that you will get Visual voice mail ( on your Iphone only), You will get Voicemail on your Treo Pro too as usual, but you will also get a text message from AT&T with every Voice mail left.. It is sent thinking you are on your Iphone.. It is the same thing sent to yyour Iphone but the Iphone interprets it as Visual Voice mail data, rather than a text message on your WM6 device.
    The text will make no sense on the WM6 device it is jubbbldygoop..

You could option to have your AT&T plan changed to a Regular data plan, then you will not get Visual Voice mail on your Iphone..
    all depends what you want to do and which Phone you plan on using most.
    For me.. I am going with a regular data plan.. as My Iphone will be used with wifi for 95 percent of the time... kind of just using it as an Apple Touch..
    I am in the same boat... but have not yet investigated the pro.
    I just got att to let me out of my contract, I hate my iphone so much.
    what i want to know is calling with att - pro better than the iphone.
    I had over 100 dropped calls on the iphone last month.

I need a new phone.

if you keep both phones how much do you pay? i dont get it, sorry
  6.    #6  
    You asked me to change iphone data plan to regular plan? The regular plan is way more expensive! I won't be stupid to do that!
    The Pro is not going to give you the browsing experiance that the iphone will. There is really no comparison. The Pro screen is smaller than the screen on the 750 and Mobile IE blows. However, when Opera gets to the point where it works well(memory errors fixed and flash working), the fact you can navigate by using your finger to zoom and move around a page will at least make browsing on a Pro useable. And maybe even pleasant.

The Pro is fine for mobile designed sites. With WiFi it flys!

For me it was a no brainer because I simply can't type on an iphone no matter how hard I tried. The Pro keyboard isn't as nice as the 750 but it's good enough for short emails and txts. That's what I use a PDA for anyway.

It's really a form factor thing. The Pro screams HTC, and I like it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    You asked me to change iphone data plan to regular plan? The regular plan is way more expensive! I won't be stupid to do that!
    One AT&T rep told me they are both same price - $30 each. On the other side, if you are talking about tethering plan, then yeah, that is sure more expensive.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    One AT&T rep told me they are both same price - $30 each. On the other side, if you are talking about tethering plan, then yeah, that is sure more expensive.
    $30?? are you in US? It's $20 per month for my iphone!
    sorry guys... i beg to differ...

the iphone is flashy, sexy, but not usable at all...
    except for the ipod part...

i have the 1st gen iphone... using safari to shop at amazon is certainly impossible... will always kick me back to the home page... not just amazon, it happens on many other sites, including apple.com.

that's from 1.0 - 1.1.4... then when 2.0 came out... it wiped out my contacts both on the phone and on outlook!!

the treo pro on the other hand, is not as sexy, but get the job done. and it has many choices in terms of browsers. ie + opera + skyfire will serve you well.

using opera 9.5 i went back to amazon to buy the same item it went smoothly w/out any problems... and it's still in beta!
    skyfire also had no problems at all doing the same task... also a beta.

iphone's safari IMO is just an alpha product compared to those 2.
    the iphone 3g is just like treo650 back... it's a public beta product... by the time it reaches the end of it's life-cycle it'll be perfect.

cheers!
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    I really disagree with this maybe mine is different, I have a 700P, a 680, a 750 ,and a first ten iPhone and by far the iPhone is the best Internet out of all them. I never have problems with amazon, eBay or any site for that matter. The only problem I run into is flash. That's nota big deal. Now don't get me wrong I could do a lot more with my treks then the iPhone but when it comes to Internet, music and movies I will take my iPhone. When it comes to email it's my work phone blackberry, when it comes to everything else I'll take my treo.
    One other thing I love about the iPhone is the wifi, I think it's one of the best I have ever seen ANYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4618 View Post
    sorry guys... i beg to differ..the iphone is flashy, sexy, but not usable at all...
    except for the ipod part...

i have the 1st gen iphone... using safari to shop at amazon is certainly impossible... will always kick me back to the home page... not just amazon, it happens on many other sites, including apple.com.

that's from 1.0 - 1.1.4... then when 2.0 came out... it wiped out my contacts both on the phone and on outlook!!

the treo pro on the other hand, is not as sexy, but get the job done. and it has many choices in terms of browsers. ie + opera + skyfire will serve you well.

using opera 9.5 i went back to amazon to buy the same item it went smoothly w/out any problems... and it's still in beta!
    skyfire also had no problems at all doing the same task... also a beta.

iphone's safari IMO is just an alpha product compared to those 2.
    the iphone 3g is just like treo650 back... it's a public beta product... by the time it reaches the end of it's life-cycle it'll be perfect.

cheers!
  12. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    $30?? are you in US? It's $20 per month for my iphone!
    The original iPhone's data plan was $20/mo. On the 3G, it's $30.
    of cause iphone is much better compares to blazer and mobile ie...

but once i'd used opera + skyfire... i don't miss the safari at all... bottom line is it failed to do what i wanted to do...
    and btw, i was surfing amazon's full site(not the mini site) in the example i gave up there. and good luck using facebook's full site(and their apps) w/ the iphone.

that's fine, you like what you like, i like what i like.
    we'll leave it at that.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I really disagree with this maybe mine is different, I have a 700P, a 680, a 750 ,and a first ten iPhone and by far the iPhone is the best Internet out of all them. I never have problems with amazon, eBay or any site for that matter. The only problem I run into is flash. That's nota big deal. Now don't get me wrong I could do a lot more with my treks then the iPhone but when it comes to Internet, music and movies I will take my iPhone. When it comes to email it's my work phone blackberry, when it comes to everything else I'll take my treo.
    One other thing I love about the iPhone is the wifi, I think it's one of the best I have ever seen ANYWHERE.
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    That's why I bought the Treo Pro + iPod Touch. Should try the WMWifiRouter. If it does work with TReo Pro and iPod Touch then I have the best WM pda and Internet browser and music player.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    That's why I bought the Treo Pro + iPod Touch. Should try the WMWifiRouter. If it does work with TReo Pro and iPod Touch then I have the best WM pda and Internet browser and music player.

Has anyone tried this on the Treo Pro and confirm that it works?
    Bump!!