Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Treo Pro backside seems like painted plastic, and unfortunately I can confirm my initial fears: it is very prone to small scratches.
    I'm handling it with utmost care, I do not slide it along surfaces etc, just softly lay it down, but it is inevitable. I wonder why they didn't put 4 tiny bumps on the back so that it's lifted a bit...

I've inquired with Zagg for an InvisibleShield, they have no plans (yet) to create one for the Treo Pro. You can always order a custom one, but I'm not willing to send my fresh Treo to the other side of the world...

Any ideas? I get the feeling that no manufacturers are ready with cases and holders.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    I have the same problem but it does not bother me. I only want a beautiful leather case to house my Treo. So far I could not find one. Sigh....
    Thanks for the warning,,,,,,,,, guess I'm on the hunt for protection. Other than progrips I dont have any ideas of the bat.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I have the same problem but it does not bother me. I only want a beautiful leather case to house my Treo. So far I could not find one. Sigh....
    I think this one might work... it's for the iPhone but the dimensions of iphone and Treo Pro are very similar. Crumpler has a site in USA too.

http://crumpler.eu/?product=The_Le_R...oduct_line=809

Update: checked the specs, the height could be a tight fit though...
    Last edited by oVan; 09/27/2008 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Checked specs
    Well for a case,,,, I would go with nutshell http://tuff-as-nuts.com/index.asp?Pa...n=Custom&ID=10

But to keep it from getting scratched while out of the case I guess I'll have to wait for a "Use in the case" cover. Until then I hope egrips aren’t my only option
    they need to make a rubber skin for it.

P.S. men probably shouldnt be using that crumpler case. unless you plan on moving to sanfran.
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post

P.S. men probably shouldnt be using that crumpler case. unless you plan on moving to sanfran.
    I'm secure enough in my manhood to carry that case

I use to think the Vaja cases were a little to pretty but I think I use to worry a little to much about what others thought. http://www.vajacases.com/

P.S. The will have a treo pro case out shortly http://www.vajacases.com/images/smar...o/form_en.html
    I ordered a custom vaja case for iphone (personalized) and now am dumping the phone.. ouch! I haven't even gotton it yet.
    how much the case will be? I don't wanna throw over 15 bucks for a case!

Rubber skin will make the Treo Pro look cheap...IMHO

Please take a look of this case:

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_e...i&c=7&it=8&s=4
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    how much the case will be? I don't wanna throw over 15 bucks for a case!
    if you are asking about a vaja they are about a hundred bucks. Nutshell's run about 60 bucks. There are plenty of universal cases at the mall for about 20 bucks.
  12.    #12  

I've searched for a silicon case on eBay but nothing yet...

And the Crumpler, well in those colors I agree, but you can take it in a darker brown making it at least more subtle
    I don't get it. Your Treo Pro isn't an ornament. It's going to pick up minor scuffs and scratches. That's life. let your Treo live...
    I have a pack of Belkin ClearScreen Overlays Screen savers I used for an old Toshiba E805.. yeah.. a Toshiba E805!! LOL... they are very pliable and inexpensive. They came 20 to a pack.. The kind that cloud a beautiful screen..LOL
    anyway.. they are for a huge screen.. I put one on the back of my Iphone It covers 90 percent of the black case..
    It provides grip, it's see through, and prevents scratches!! Works great.. all while keeping the (naked) form factor.

I will do the same with the back of the Treo Pro. I have 5 left.. out of the 20 or so it came with.
    This may be a problem,,,,,,,,,, with the flush screen the protector may get rubbed off and roll up using a tight pouch case,,,,,,, the same way the invisible shield does http://www.zagg.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    I have a pack of Belkin ClearScreen Overlays Screen savers I used for an old Toshiba E805.. yeah.. a Toshiba E805!! LOL... they are very pliable and inexpensive. They came 20 to a pack.. The kind that cloud a beautiful screen..LOL
    anyway.. they are for a huge screen.. I put one on the back of my Iphone It covers 90 percent of the black case..
    It provides grip, it's see through, and prevents scratches!! Works great.. all while keeping the (naked) form factor.

I will do the same with the back of the Treo Pro. I have 5 left.. out of the 20 or so it came with.
    I slide my Ipone in a side belt case.. no problems whatsoever with the protector coming ff the back.. it is a VERY moldable screen saver.. not hard like the modern ones.. perfect for the Back of the device
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    I don't get it. Your Treo Pro isn't an ornament. It's going to pick up minor scuffs and scratches. That's life. let your Treo live...
    how do you know? maybe during christmas ill hang mine on the tree.
    -tgwaste
    I know its a little silly to worry all to heck about getting a scratch on a phone but I have sold a phone on ebay every 9 months for the last 6 years and if I can keep my new phone from getting scratched I get on the average of 100 bucks more on the resell. But sometimes it doesn't feel worth it so suffer threw using the phone threw a silicon skin the whole time you own it. But if that skin prevents you from dropping and breaking the thing then its definitely worth it.
  19. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    how do you know? maybe during christmas ill hang mine on the tree.
    LOL... with my 680, I can be downstairs and hear it vibrate from upstairs, depending on what surface I set it on. If the tree conducts it... "No, that's not an earthquake... just a phone call!"
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    I agree, but I do wish the manufacturers would use plastics and/org paint that is a little less sensitive to scratches. The plastic of the back is painted black to make it classy, but that paint is really sensitive. I hope it doesn't start to break down like the HTC P3600 (Trinity) paint...HTC really did something stupid there.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast