Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That's good to hear.
    Any tips on preparing the Pro for application?
    cleaning or otherwise?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Follow the instructions. Typically, you'll want to clean with an alcohol wipe and then a lint-free cloth (microfiber works well.) Keep your fingers off the case if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    I'm hoping to do a review on a 3rd product (Clear Armor), but there's some delay in this.
    Don't waste your time. I did and it was horrible. Mine was even a bit to big for the back cover. Just enough to hang off one of the sides. I'd stick with a different brand.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Don't waste your time. I did and it was horrible. Mine was even a bit to big for the back cover. Just enough to hang off one of the sides. I'd stick with a different brand.
    Thanks for the info. I still haven't received my sample yet, so I might as well get one of those two others
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I'm going to hold off on buying one until you get yours. Could you let us know the pros and cons when u get it?
    Sorry, I just realized I only answered over here instead:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=30

But I guess it doesn't matter now -
    Because you already have one, and it saved your Pro

I really like having the skin - it's well worth the protection.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Got the BodyGuardz today and installed it. I was right - the BodyGuardz is vinyl and it doesn't have the slight tackiness that I like about InvisibleShield. The following pieces are included:
    - Full back
    - Screen and surround down to the Windows and OK buttons, but nothing in the keyboard area
    - Four edge pieces

The coverage is essentially total except for the keyboard and Calendar/Mail buttons. The pieces are cut very nicely and fit well, though I initially had some trouble getting the edges to stick where they curved around the front of the Pro. The screen piece needs to be placed EXACTLY or else it may ride up on one edge (mine did). I may end up replacing the screen part with the second piece.

Right now, it looks pretty horrible with bubbles, but I know from past experience that these will disappear over time. The sides of the phone where the back and side edges meet feels a bit odd with a small gap between the two pieces. Other than that, the feel is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Got the BodyGuardz today and installed it. I was right - the BodyGuardz is vinyl and it doesn't have the slight tackiness that I like about InvisibleShield. The following pieces are included:
    - Full back
    - Screen and surround down to the Windows and OK buttons, but nothing in the keyboard area
    - Four edge pieces

The coverage is essentially total except for the keyboard and Calendar/Mail buttons. The pieces are cut very nicely and fit well, though I initially had some trouble getting the edges to stick where they curved around the front of the Pro. The screen piece needs to be placed EXACTLY or else it may ride up on one edge (mine did). I may end up replacing the screen part with the second piece.

Right now, it looks pretty horrible with bubbles, but I know from past experience that these will disappear over time. The sides of the phone where the back and side edges meet feels a bit odd with a small gap between the two pieces. Other than that, the feel is pretty good.
    So it doesn't have a more 'Grippy' feeling like InvisibleShield?
    Just call me Berd.
    One thing that concerns me, is the volume side button on the pro is so close to flush. Are you still able to easily use the volume and other side buttons?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    No, the BodyGuardz is NOT as grippy as InvisibleShield. In fact, it's about as slick as the back of the bare device.

The volume and "side" buttons can be used without difficulty.

I also have the InvisibleShield on order and expect to see it within a week. I will do a comparison of my own then.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    No, the BodyGuardz is NOT as grippy as InvisibleShield. In fact, it's about as slick as the back of the bare device.

The volume and "side" buttons can be used without difficulty.

I also have the InvisibleShield on order and expect to see it within a week. I will do a comparison of my own then.
    I already got my BodyGuardz also.
    I haven't got a chance to put it on.
    Maybe I will wait and see how 'grippy' the InvisibleShield is.
    I ordered it too.
    Just call me Berd.
    Is the liquid a concern for the device, can water get into the phone and damage it?
    If I want to remove it, will it leave adhesive residue on the surface of the phone?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You spray the water/soap solution on the skin, not on the device - a point called out explicitly in the instructions. I have not found it a problem with water getting into the phone, though I do try to mop-up the water that gets pushed out from under the skin while applying.

Removal leaves no residue.
  13. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Any opinion about this case?

I just want something to make it less slippery and prevent smudges. I now have the frosted silicone case from the Treo Store for my 750 and am looking for something like that.

Thanks
    got it at handhelditems.com
    for $6
    I highly recommend
    check out "Cases for Treo Pro?" thread.
    I posted some nice pics
  16. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    check out "Cases for Treo Pro?" thread.
    I posted some nice pics
    It does look good.

Thanks
    say holmes,
    I went ahead and put the back on.
    All went well.
    What's your take on Bodyguardz's front screen cover?
    I want to make sure it's nice and clear.

<edit> I went ahead and did the whole phone.
    I got a few moisture bubbles under front screen cover.
    Will those go away with time?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/20/2008 at 08:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The BodyGuardz is nice and clear. Yes, the bubbles will go away over time. Mine is looking better each day. Really, if it weren't for the lack of grip I'd say it's a winner.

Still waiting for notice that the InvisibleShield shipped. The web site had said the 20th.
    I just got my Bodygardz today in the mail and will be installing it tomorrow and going back to the 750 while the Pro dries out. I hope it was worth the $35.00 i had to pay for it.

Jose
    You almost have to have something, the back scratches soo easy.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast