Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    On the PalmOS, I was used to being able to type straightaway into a numeric field, eg a telephone number, and it would automatically be in numlock mode.

You do that with the Treo Pro and you start to get letters till you remember to turn on numlock.

It's a small thing but incredibly annoying. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is it a case of 'It's WinMobile, get used to it'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    On the PalmOS, I was used to being able to type straightaway into a numeric field, eg a telephone number, and it would automatically be in numlock mode.

You do that with the Treo Pro and you start to get letters till you remember to turn on numlock.

It's a small thing but incredibly annoying. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is it a case of 'It's WinMobile, get used to it'?
    This depends on the application. From the today screen, you can just type numbers and you'll see them appear in the dialer, including letters if they match a contact of course.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    This depends on the application.
    Not really, as far as I know the dialler is the only application that accepts numbers by default (it would be pretty odd if it didn't).

I was thinking of entering data in phone numbers, zip codes, dates, times etc. They all appear as letters.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Yeah it is a Winmo thing, and yeah it is annoying. Especially when you are asked for a PIN number and you assume the numlock will be be activated (duh!), but it isn't...
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    Not really, as far as I know the dialler is the only application that accepts numbers by default (it would be pretty odd if it didn't).

I was thinking of entering data in phone numbers, zip codes, dates, times etc. They all appear as letters.
    I use AgendaOne as a PIM, and it accepts numbers in the time fields etc. So it does depend on the goodwill of the programmer.

I was perhaps not so clear in my "depends on the software" statement: I meant 3rd party software, as it is not in Windows Mobile de facto.
  6. kmg

You CAN do it!!! Press the ALT key twice and it will numlock. (You will see an icon on the bottom of the screen, next to the keyboard icon)

Press it twice again to un-numlock.
    Last edited by kmg; 09/26/2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: added instructions to un-numlock
    kmg
    Quote Originally Posted by kmg View Post
    You CAN do it!!! Press the ALT key twice and it will numlock. (You will see an icon on the bottom of the screen, next to the keyboard icon)

True but he wanted fully automatic, not semi
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmg View Post

Erm, that's why I said, "...till you remember to turn on numlock" (though actually it's the 'Option' key, the 'Alt' key is something different).

With the Treo 650, any entry into a numeric field automatically used numbers, with the Pro you find you're typing letters if you forget.