Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mine worked when I first installed it yesterday. Today it won't accept the email/password it keeps asking for. It's driving me nuts! There are more than a dozen pages of similar issues on the Skyfire forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Mine worked when I first installed it yesterday. Today it won't accept the email/password it keeps asking for. It's driving me nuts! There are more than a dozen pages of similar issues on the Skyfire forum.
    Same happened to me. What a disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    Smartfit still butchers engadget.com and ignores huffingtonpost.com

Which sucks.
    Yep yep, only place I tested SmartFit is Huffington Post. It does not work properly at all there. As soon as it gets below a side photo, I had to slide left and right to read.

Opera Mobile handles these pages properly.
    OperaMini FTW. It works outside of that insular society known as the US! By the time the first beta or release of SkyFire is available to the rest of the world (such as the EU where mobilephone usage is far advanced of the US) then Opera Mobile will have gone gold.

Hell Mozilla and MS may have their mobile next gen browsers out.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    no audio for me on hulu & youtube. Can enter stuff in textboxes in pandora.
    The way I got it to work was to use the "forgot password" section on the homepage. When they email you the new password, use that one when you launch Skyfire on your 800w.

I had some issues afterwards, not sure if it was related to skyfire or not so I just removed it. I'll stick with PIE and Opera for now.
    Changing passwords a dozen times doesn't help. They have pages and pages of this problem on the Skyfire forum.
    Changing passwords a dozen times doesn't help. They have pages and pages of this problem on the Skyfire forum.
    I know that. I changed my passwords myself a bunch of times using the "password change" feature.

What finally got mine to work was to use the password RESET feature, not the change feature. I filled out the form saying I lost my password, they sent me a new one something like: xydkwr

When I launched Skyfire from my 800w and it asked for a password, I used that one. It then authenticated properly.

Now it's possible that method no longer works either.
    It's working well for me. No audio issues and on sites like YouTube the smartfit is like perfection!
    Skyfire did their own reset and requested new pw for the people having problems. Fixed it for me, but not everyone. I hope everyone has it working soon.

Anyone else noticing it rendering much slower than before?

Anyone else noticing it rendering much slower than before?
    I would have to say I'm seeing the opposite.
    Maybe I just suck at using Skyfire but it is really slow and laggy with websites and videos...even on wi-fi. I also find navigating websites to be a pain. Opera seems to be the best choice for general browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1492 View Post
    Maybe I just suck at using Skyfire but it is really slow and laggy with websites and videos...even on wi-fi. I also find navigating websites to be a pain. Opera seems to be the best choice for general browsing.
    I agree. I only signed up to see what all the "oohs and aahs" were about. I just didn't care for all the waiting while the page loads and then trying to zoom in to what I want, etc.
    opera mini is better for most things, but facebook complains about the lack of flash on every page. I hate it.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I agree. I only signed up to see what all the "oohs and aahs" were about. I just didn't care for all the waiting while the page loads and then trying to zoom in to what I want, etc.
    This is the first version I have used, but I have not noticed much waiting for pages to load or zooming. The only thing that takes a little while to load is the application itself. In my area, we don't have EVDO, so that impresses me more on how the pages do load. They load just as fast as Opera or IE, but have a better look, IMO.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    This is the first version I have used, but I have not noticed much waiting for pages to load or zooming. The only thing that takes a little while to load is the application itself. In my area, we don't have EVDO, so that impresses me more on how the pages do load. They load just as fast as Opera or IE, but have a better look, IMO.
    Just curious but what websites are you visiting that you don't notice much waiting? The load time on every page I have visited on Skyfire is about double the load time of PIE and Opera.
    I have not noticed any problems with speed.
    Just curious but what websites are you visiting that you don't notice much waiting? The load time on every page I have visited on Skyfire is about double the load time of PIE and Opera.

mostly places like msn.com, excite.com, cnn, youtube to name a few.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    The *only* "snag" i've had is sometimes when I click a link... I get nothing, and have to click it again; but not very often. But that may be the 800w touchsreen.......
    Quote Originally Posted by hjb417 View Post
    no audio for me on hulu & youtube. Can enter stuff in textboxes in pandora.
    After soft resetting, I got audio. I still can't enter text in pandora though.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast