1.    #1  
    i'm again jealous of our iphone friends...

why do we have such a powerful device with such poor ui for media players?

are there players or skins that have a more intuitive ui that i'm not aware of?
    Kinoma Play is the closest player to an iPod Touch that you'll find, but it'll cost you if you want it fully featured. It works with your internal music and videos, plus has a large directory of Shoutcast and other internet radio stations as well as clean integration with Orb. Give Kinoma FreePlay a trial first to see if it's worth it to you. I only use it for Orb, so it isn't wasn't for me.

For custom M3U playlists, MP3s, OGG Vorbis and streams I also use the freeware GSPlayer from Green Software. The interface isn't as touch friendly as Kinoma, but it's still much better than Windows Media Player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androktasie View Post
    Give Kinoma FreePlay a trial first to see if it's worth it to you.
    You can get it from http://kinoma.com/freeplay/download/, or just point your phone's web browser to http://kinoma.com/ and download directly to your phone.

I only use it for Orb, so it isn't wasn't for me.
    Kinoma FreePlay has almost-complete Orb functionality. Kinoma Play supports Windows Media streaming from Orb, so you can sometimes get better quality under the same conditions.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    I use Kinoma FreePlay with Orb over the basic web interface for the ease of selecting the next track and pausing what's currently playing. The only thing missing from the client is the ability to browse folders. For some reason the Orb backend doesn't pick sort through all of my MP3 files, so I find it easiest to just thumb through my iTunes directory structure. If this could be added to complement the existing browse by ID3, it'd be appreciated.
    I use Kinoma FreePlay with Orb over the basic web interface for the ease of selecting the next track and pausing what's currently playing. The only thing missing from the client is the ability to browse folders.
    You mean for Orb specifically, correct?

(Kinoma Play and FreePlay do let you browse local folders via My Media Files > My Documents and My Media Files > Storage Card.)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Aye, for Orb.

Both browse all files
    (Browse Files --> C:\ D:\ E:\stuff\ etc)

and browse the user-specified folders for that category such as
    (Music --> C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music Library)
    (Video --> V:\Downloads\Television\ ; X:\Backups\DVD-RIP\)

This can all be done using Orb in a WAP browser or Pocket IE, I'd love to see it in Kinoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmoller800 View Post
    are there players or skins that have a more intuitive ui that i'm not aware of?
    I may not be an iPhone fan, but Nsmoller800, you've got a device in the Treo 800w, that affords you way more UI changes, features and utilities than are on the iPhone. (With the exception of the accelerometer, but the bottom line is that WM provides you way more than Apple can.)

Here's a discussion I think you'd be interested in.

And here's another.

You just need to find some skins and modifications that suit you. And you've got way more options available than are available for the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I agree. I could care less for iphone. It is so big and I hate finger print on anything.
  9.    #9  
    i'm glad i asked... i just bought kinoma... its sweet! thanks guys

(now if there was a sirius option in kinoma...)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmoller800 View Post
    i'm glad i asked... i just bought kinoma... its sweet! thanks guys

(now if there was a sirius option in kinoma...)
    I don't know about Kinoma, but 1,300,000 for sirius windows mobile.
    I can't get Sirius on my Curve and am so pissed. I'm really serious about coming back to Windows. Does Kinoma stream it well?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    siriuswm5 works great and is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I can't get Sirius on my Curve and am so pissed. [...] Does Kinoma stream it well?
    No, Kinoma Play doesn't currently have built-in support for Sirius/XM stations.

For subscription radio we support Live365. For non-subscription radio, Kinoma Play lets you stream thousands of stations from Shoutcast, Clear Channel and more.

-- Charles Wiltgen