Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Question for the Treo Pro group:

What does illuminate the centre key when voicemail arrives actually do?

Because it doesn't illuminate the centre key.

Thanks
    I'm glad it's not just me that's been wondering...sorry I can't work it out either.
    it should blink when you have a voicemail waiting.
    -tgwaste
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    it should blink when you have a voicemail waiting.
    Is this based on experience? Or reading? I have a Pro right here.. with a vm waiting... and it doesn't do anything. Not to mention I don't think the centre button has a light behind it.
    from reading..

maybe there is a setting for it somewhere?
    -tgwaste
  6.    #6  
    from reading..

maybe there is a setting for it somewhere?
    There is. And it is enabled. And it does nothign
    hmmmmmmm

maybe it goes off when you touch a key?

try turning the screen off, calling it, leaving a voicemail.. and then see if it eventually starts to blink (dont press any keys on the phone).
    -tgwaste
  8.    #8  
    hmmmmmmm

maybe it goes off when you touch a key?

try turning the screen off, calling it, leaving a voicemail.. and then see if it eventually starts to blink (dont press any keys on the phone).
    Done, done and done... Even sat in a dark room for 20 seconds waiting.

I honestly don't think the centre key is backlit.
    wow.. thats quite upsetting. hopefully someone else that has it can confirm one way or the other.
    -tgwaste
    The key IS backlit. It's a white, slow blinking light. Not very visible in bright surroundings. My carriers doesn't support the voicemail thingy (I get a sms instead) so I can't really test it. But if you change the registry key "HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread\Count" to non-zero the light will go off.
    The light is there. Maybe there is a bug in whatever is supposed to update the totals value.
    Frause, what carrier are you with? I'm with UK Vodafone and get txt voicemail alerts and no blinking beacon...is that why?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I've just tried it, and it works for me on T-Mobile here in the UK.

The center button flashes white every 6 seconds.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I've just tried it, and it works for me on T-Mobile here in the UK.

The center button flashes white every 6 seconds.
    Hmm...perhaps there is something different about voicemail in australia then. Because it doesnt do anything. As I said previously, I sat in a dark room...

I get an sms from my carrier saying I have a vm. So it must be that.

Oh well.
    That particular feature seems not to be supported by carriers in for example Sweden, and I imagine other parts of the world as well. I've always gotten an sms instead alerting me of new voicemails.
    It annoys me Palm decided not to use that LED for other alerts as well.
    It doesn't work on Vodafone in UK who send an SMS alert for voicemail instead.
    It doesn't work in HK either. The carrier sends an SMS alert for voicemail instead.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I guess it won't work here then (texts for voice mail alerts). Not overly surprised, and I don't get a lot of voice mail (one every few months?), so it's not like it matters an awful lot. I hope someone finds a way to make it light up for other things though, that would be good.
    Hopefully PhoneAlarm will soon sort out the flashing button to make some use of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    I guess it won't work here then (texts for voice mail alerts). Not overly surprised, and I don't get a lot of voice mail (one every few months?), so it's not like it matters an awful lot. I hope someone finds a way to make it light up for other things though, that would be good.
    I don't have a lot of voicemail either. That's why I posted sometimes ago to ask whether any way to re-configure the alert for other program.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    It doesn't work in HK either. The carrier sends an SMS alert for voicemail instead.
    GFONG, so does mean that the voicemail blinking alert will not work in the treo pro in HK due to the SMS aleart? WTF??

Btw, when will it be available in HK?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast