Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    when i get a VM the center key blinks "palm" in white.. I have AT&T.
    To get the illuminated navigator to flash with new voicemail you need to change your voicemail notification to 'icon'.
    If you are with vodafone uk call 121 (voicemail number). Navigate to options and change your notification from text message (sms) to icon. It will then work. If you are with another carrier there will likely be an equivalent way to do the same.

David. Treo Pro - Vodafone UK.
    Works in Singapore on M1 network. You guys want it to work?

I find it annoying. I turned it off.
    the light works, its just not that bright. I dont really care for it because i can just look at the screen and see the icon.
    I can confirm it, it works down here in Italy with Vodafone.
    Last edited by matro; 12/26/2008 at 09:54 AM.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Yeah, it depends on your network. If your network informs you of new voicemail only via SMS then the center button will not light up. In this case, you only get a voicemail SMS and not the voicemail icon you see on top. The center button will only light up on the 2nd scenario, where you see the voicemail icon appear on the phone.

as what Dhaider indicated, some networks might have the option to display the icon and you could call them to ask.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    my light wont shut off...anyone have this problem? it doesnt bling, but stays white..even when i check my voicemail and delete it..i have to take out the battery after turning off the beacon notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    my light wont shut off...anyone have this problem? it doesnt bling, but stays white..even when i check my voicemail and delete it..i have to take out the battery after turning off the beacon notification.
    Try a soft reset and a hard reset as a last option?
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    None of the GSM900 carriers in the UK send the voicemail signal.
    Mine light works with unlocked GSM version on AT&T in the U.S. Blinks about every 6-7 seconds.
    It only works if your carrier sends you a voicemail 'Icon'. If you get an sms alert for voicemail then it wont work. However PhoneAlarm now supports the Treo Pro's beacon light. So you can set it to light up for Email, SMS, missed calls and Voicemail (even if you get an sms!). Works great.

And yes, its true the light id dim but I find in the day there is enough ambient light to see the sms, missed call, etc icon on the screensaver. So it works great that I can see the icon in the day and I can see the blinking beacon at night..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12