Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I can't believe that you need to reinstall this if you do a hard reset?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I can't believe that you need to reinstall this if you do a hard reset?
    It's because it's a .cab
    Just call me Berd.
    It didnt' seems to make any difference when i installed the treo proBTpatch cab file. geez!
    www.now-movie.co.nr
    Together we stand, divided we fall.
    anyone had it working?
    www.now-movie.co.nr
    Together we stand, divided we fall.
    This appears to fix the problem...and it does make sense you would have to reinstall if you hard reset...
    Of course you need to reinstall it, because a hard reset will reinstall the original rom files and thus the buggy bluetooth drivers too.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirmish View Post
    anyone had it working?
    Yea, it totally fixed the error for me.
    it has now been officially posted on the US Palm website...
    update seems to be working on my BMW. For the first time I didn't lose the caller ..... seems weird to be happy about something working as it should.
  11.    #51  
    well, it sort of works....

I've tested the patch

For me, it seems to only fix the one specific bluetooth bug mentioned on the palm site... the one about call waiting.

It doesn't seem to fix any of the other bluetooth bugs people have mentioned. Which is a shame.

jpskidmore, OP.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    It seems to have fixed my BT issue with CW, but the jury is still out on the other issues....
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Treo 750 WM6 --> Treo 750 WM5 -> WM6 -> Treo Pro
    i've noticed for some people it works for others it doesn't but just a thought do u think it the bluetooth device that your using.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    I haven't had the opportunity to test this (Sprint Pro), but are we still having this problem? Can we install the unlocked CAB install on the Sprint Pro?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leee View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity to test this (Sprint Pro), but are we still having this problem? Can we install the unlocked CAB install on the Sprint Pro?
    Someone's going to have to test it to be sure, but I really hope Palm fixed this in the ROM for the STP.
    I tried that patch before I went out of town one afternoon so my BT would work correctly. It didn't work and killed my phone. People would call me and say "Hello - Hello - Steph - are you there? Heeeellllooooooo????? Steph! Answer me!!!!!"

I was there the whole time going "Yes, yes, I'm here already I hear you! Hello! Hello!!!???"

Nobody could hear me at all. And I'm not talking about on the blue tooth - I'm talking about hear me AT ALL, using the phone as normal. I had to haul rear to a Sprint store coz I thought the phone was broke. They did a hard reset and it worked fine.

It wasn't until I was halfway home (and calmed down from the frantic holy cow I'm a woman and don't want to drive 300 miles alone through the middle of nowhere Texas alone with no workign cell phone incident) that it clicked.

First call where nobody could hear me happened 15 minutes after installing that "patch."

Been afraid to try it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    (link removed - go to original post)Here is the direct link to the Bluetooth patch. If anyone can confirm that this patch fixes the problem, then I'll proceed to order my Treo Pro.
    thank-you
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123