1.    #1  
    Well, I for one am trying my best to find an unlocker for my beloved Treo! I have been in contact with AC over at XDA trying to get something worked out.

I think I have found a soultion, but I am hoping that A_C comes back with something for me.

First off, I found one of AC's version did work on the Treo800. The S2U 1.21 version. Very very very old version, does work, but treats the app like SlingPlayer does, throwing it up in the corner, and the screen acting different than the picture.

After more searching, I found Slide2Unlock Pro 1.05!

And wow, this works!
    I am attaching a screen shot. While nice, I like A_C's better for customization and the ability to see missed calls and missed emails on one page. But it works.
    Slide2Unlock Pro is here: http://slide2unlockpro.spaces.live.com/

At least this is an unlocker, whatcha think???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (37.2 KB, 215 views)
    Last edited by lawmangrant; 09/23/2008 at 08:48 PM.
    sweet. i always wanted to have this on my first touchscreen phone. hopefully AC @ xda gets it to work.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    This one does work but boy do i hate military time!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    This one does work but boy do i hate military time!
    You can go into the settings and change the time from HH:mm to hh:mm and that will display the AM:PM times.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I'm just curious, with the screen saver time, and the keylock on the 800, why do you need S2U2?

I used it on my Mogul and I love the program, but I just don't need it on my Treo. However, I would like the full screen caller ID that comes with it, so I may just use it for that. I just don't see the need for the locking part??
    GREAT FIND...I have also been waiting for AC to update his!
    i like how when u power on the device you can click hit the power button again and it will minimize the "lock" and go to the desktop, leaving the "lock" active, but allowing all of your keys to function properly

pretty useless, but hopefully it will give a_c some insight to fixing s2u2
    Where do u change the settings?
    lock the screen, then "slide" up until "slide to unlock" changes to "slide to setup"
    thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    That didnt take long..already broke it!
    I assigned a wallpaper then thought I was deleting another one I wasnt using. Instead I deleted the active one. Now when I try to launch the app it says "Cannot find wallpaper" and I cant figure out how to get to the settings to fix it. Tried uninstalling and deleting all folders from Program files but nothing works. Any "Programming Guru" know how to reset the wallpaper if I cant launch the app?

On a side note: When installing this my EAS goes crazy! adding appointments from years ago to this weeks active entries! I installed and Un-Installed 3-4 times trying to fix the wallpaper issue and each time I re-Installed I got the same callender issue..Weird!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Great find! I love it.....
    just a question, how are you guys seeing any benefit of this when it doesn't actually lock your device?
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    just a question, how are you guys seeing any benefit of this when it doesn't actually lock your device?
    My red/off button is set to turn off the screen (always)... so, mine does not back out of s2u2; simply turns off the backlight again.
    how did you set it to do that?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    how did you set it to do that?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=33

On a side note, I noticed something strange. I have my 800w set to play a click sound when I touch the screen. Sometimes when the screensaver is on, touching the screen produces a click sound. This only started happening after I installed slide2unlock pro. I wonder if this is draining the battery while the phone is asleep in my pocket.

On another note, I always had this problem where I will wake my phone after being idle for a while and it will have a bunch of programs open, like the calendar, contacts, IE, etc. At first I thought it was because Treo Keyguard doesn't do jack squat. But this still happens with Keyguard disabled and slide2unlock installed.

On yet another note, I disabled Treo Keyguard, but it still triggers once in a while. It is very strange. I can't figure out how to fully disable it.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I found this program to be very buggy for me as well. Ended up uninstalling for doing most of the same things your seeing as well as some others. too bad as it looks really nice.
    How do you get your 800w to click when you touch the screen?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpun99sj View Post
    How do you get your 800w to click when you touch the screen?
    Settings -> Personal -> Sounds & Notifications

Under the Sounds tab, select "Screen taps."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=33

On another note, I always had this problem where I will wake my phone after being idle for a while and it will have a bunch of programs open, like the calendar, contacts, IE, etc. At first I thought it was because Treo Keyguard doesn't do jack squat. But this still happens with Keyguard disabled and slide2unlock installed.
    I have this problem, too. I was hoping this program would cure that, as I assumed that buttons were being pushed while the phone was in my pocket. I started using the Treo lock function (which I hate), but I will still find that I'll take the phone from my pocket, have to unlock it, only to find there are programs I wasn't using that are now open! It's usually the calendar.

I'm guessing this slide lock will not be my salvation