Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Looks like a new version out, 5.00.10w, as of Aug 18, 2008

Installing now and will report back later.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-11034-00
    Lots more online features but otherwise not much better. In fact mine crashed several times just trying to import some routes and waypoints. Seems more pretty and less stable.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Here is the Change log if anyone is wondering:

Correct My Locations list to display the last item on the list.
    Correct display of the Estimated Departure Time within Flight Status.
    Correct various Google Local Search and Panoramio language issues.
    Correct Google Local Search to return to the correct previous page when selecting 'Back'.
    Correct Panoramio display so that it doesn't wrap back to the first item after reaching the end of the list.
    Update the look and feel of the Garmin Mobile XT application.
    Add new Garmin Online feature - Google Local Search.
    Add new Garmin Online feature - Panaramio photos.
    Add new Garmin Online feature - Flight Status.
    Add Speed Limit display to the View Map.
    Add ability to install and display custom vehicle icons.
    Modify 'Peerpoints' feature name to 'Location Message'.

I am wondering if I should upgrade my phone or not. The Google lookup feature would be nice. I could live without the rest of the features though.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Mine installed with no problems. After install it wouldn't lock, did a soft reset and locked just like normal. Will test it over the next couple days and report back.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Installed and started it up on my 800w. Looks really nice! Not sure what version I had installed before, but the graphics look much more polished.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I finally got my installation working. I ended up having to uninstall then delete the Garmin folder in the device memory then reinstall from the card. No more crashes but I also lost all of my way-points, routes, tracks and so on from the previous version.

The frustrating thing is that I still can not transfer GPX data from the Treo to Mapsource running on my desktop. It did not work in the old version and still does not work in this version. I am able to transfer from the PC to the Treo but not the other way around.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Does it still require you to use their memory card? How do you folks feel about that after using it "in real life"? I suppose given how much memory the 800w has I use my storage card a lot less than I used to with other phones, but it seems like it would be frustrating to have to switch cards to play music, run backups, etc.
    Another issue with the new version is it will no longer use aGPS as well as it used to. I used to be able to get a lock in the middle of my office building or anywhere for that matter if I have a cell signal. Now it needs to be outside and actually see the satellites to work.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    It does look nice. I hope this version gets rid of the redraw lag.

Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Does it still require you to use their memory card? How do you folks feel about that after using it "in real life"? I suppose given how much memory the 800w has I use my storage card a lot less than I used to with other phones, but it seems like it would be frustrating to have to switch cards to play music, run backups, etc.
    There are tools that will allow you to use any card. I'm using it on an 8Gb MicroSD Sandisk card.

I've used Garmin in "real life". The only issues I've had is the lag in the redraw. Basically, you can be driving and turning on an intersection, while Garmin shows you still going straight. Only after about 50-100 feet or so, will Garmin finally show that you made the turn. The recalculation is also slow. TomTom 7 was allot faster for me, but the map isn't as up to date as my Garmin map. I haven't tried this version out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Another issue with the new version is it will no longer use aGPS as well as it used to. I used to be able to get a lock in the middle of my office building or anywhere for that matter if I have a cell signal. Now it needs to be outside and actually see the satellites to work.
    I'm not sure about that. I'm inside my house and it picked up my position.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 09/25/2008 at 02:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post

I'm not sure about that. I'm inside my house and it picked up my position.
    Mine works in my house as well. Try it in a commercial building with lots of steel.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    So, has anyone else using Mobile XT had issues with their clock becoming inaccurate after using it?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottm32768 View Post
    So, has anyone else using Mobile XT had issues with their clock becoming inaccurate after using it?
    you have to set time zone. XT doesn't do this automatically .
    Hello all,

I'm looking to buy just the software and use my existing BT receiver. I have googled and didn't come up with anything usefull. Does anyone have the software that they don't use any more and would be willing to sell it.

PM if you know of where I can get this.
    What is the setting you guys have for the GPS that made it work with Garmin?

i have Full Bars, im using garmin gps mobile xt, with GPS Intermediate driver , my gps settings shows GPD1 And internal gps device under the hardware section, but i cant get garmin to get a signal. what settings do you guys have that are working?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    you have to set time zone. XT doesn't do this automatically .
    Where in the new version are the time zone settings?