1.    #1  
    I have Sprite Backup set to backup every night at 3:00am. The past few mornings I have woken up to find that the backup has been failing at around 99% with only a few mb to go. It will normally be frozen on the loading bar and require a few soft restarts to get back to normal. Also I noticed that my backup file size has grown every day by a few hundred mb. It was at 600mb last week and now it is at 1.2gb this week (I have a 8gb card so the size isn't much of an issue, just an observation). I haven't installed anything recently either.

Got any ideas what my problem might be? I would be willing to switch to a new backup program only if it is free. Dashwire isn't comprehensive enough for me.
    You may also be backing up temp files, recycle bin, etc. Use a program like Memmaid to run prior to the backups, to clear them.
  3.    #3  
    I do have PMclean. I will give that a try before I do my next backup to see if it works. I haven't used PMclean in about 2 weeks so maybe that might be the issue.

I will give it a try and report back.
    That's a pretty large backup. You must be backing up stuff on the card itself. I would assume this would include you backup files as well and cause it to grow and grow.

I don't backup any card data and my nightly backup runs around 32 mb.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    That's a pretty large backup. You must be backing up stuff on the card itself. I would assume this would include you backup files as well and cause it to grow and grow.

I don't backup any card data and my nightly backup runs around 32 mb.
    I was thinking about excluding my card but I have some programs installed on my card like Garmin XT and some other odds and ends. It is also the place all of my pictures and videos are stored. I find it easier to just backup the whole thing.

I backed up all of my recent backups onto my computer and deleted them off of the phone. I hope that this will help my situation out.
    I sync my card files to my pc.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    I never had it fail during the backup - my problem was with restores being no good. So, after 2 bad restores, I went looking and settled about SPB Backup - not a problem after that.
  8.    #8  
    I didn't realize there was a way to stop it from backing up media files. Once I did that my backup size went down to about 400mb which is much more manageable.

I did have to restore from a backup awhile back when a plug-in went crazy and Sprite backup worked perfect. I do keep the last 3 backups on my phone just incase if one happens to be bad. I worry to much.
    I keep the last 6 and yes, I was aware of the selection process; however, the intention is to have the device restored to the way it was before the tragedy occurred. Incidentally, there is a new release of Sprite Backup if you wanna continue playing. The options look nice, but I am all ready set.
    You can also set exclusions. I believe the file name is exclusions.txt, and is a simple ASCII text file. So you can edit it via a simple text editor on your PC.
    FYI, I just got a notice/email that Sprite has been updated, but for $10.
    Mine is set for a 6am daily backup and I just noticed it has stopped for some odd reason about a week ago.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford