Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There seems to be a general lack of cases for the Treo Pro. Email replies from EBcases, Piel Frama etc. indicated that they currently have no plans to have one avalable. I'm currently using the Piel Farma Treo 680 case as a stop-gap measure and it's not desirable. Anyone have any ideas?
    Good option are iphone cases i think.
    The difference is very slight - and it is actually possible to try them on the spot since they're available everywhere.
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Palm sells a horizontal case too...I haven't gotten mine yet though.
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Good option are iphone cases i think.
    The difference is very slight - and it is actually possible to try them on the spot since they're available everywhere.
    Andrew at Treonauts posted a while back that he was using an iPhone case with his Pro. Looks like a good one, too.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2008/08/treo-pro-cases.html
    www.vajacases.com should be coming out with one soon.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I was very happy with my eGrips for my old Treo 650 but eGrips don't seem to carry a very full range of bespoke grips these days.

They do have one for the iPhone, but nothing for the BB Bold yet, and nothing even for the 800w.

Are there any other 'grippy' skins around (I carry my Treo in my pocket, so am only looking for something that will prevent it slipping out of my hand rather than a case as such)?
    I read about three different types of Carrymobile brand cases ($28.00 each) for the Treo Pro over at Palm Addicts this morning.

I like that book type case. I haven't had one like that since my Palm TX. It was a Proporta case and I loved it.
    I dropped into the Sydney Apple Store and picked up a Marware CEO Glide case

Fits the Treo Pro perfectly and looks good

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/iPho...-for-iPhone-3G
    That looks like a very nice case nigeldr! I looked and saw that the iphone blog Store has this case in Black and White.
    Seems to fit ok into the Piel Frama I used for my 750.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Wow! The Piel Frama looks great! I wonder if the Centro one would fit the pro better? Which Treo is closest to the Pro dimensionaly? The iphone is taller for sure. It would be nice to get a Piel Frama that is as thin as the Pro but not too tall. I'm sure they will eventually make one but that's the nicest case/holster I've seen. And the belt clip actually looks like it would last or be replaceable if broken.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    egrips tell me they won't be doing one for the Treo Pro. Looks like they haven't done one for many new models lately, three years ago they did one for every phone/camera out. Shame if they're folding, it's a great product.

Is there anything else like them? I'm after grip rather than protection as my first priority, though some protection would be good too.
  13. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    egrips tell me they won't be doing one for the Treo Pro.
    How well does the battery cover piece from the 750's eGrips fit the Pro?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    The trouble is no so much the back, I need grip on the sides as I hold it, and all of the older phones are thicker, a 1/4" side strip is way too wide for a Treo Pro.

I was hoping not to have to get a universal kit and cut it down if there were other makers out there....
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    Wow! The Piel Frama looks great! I wonder if the Centro one would fit the pro better? Which Treo is closest to the Pro dimensionaly? The iphone is taller for sure. It would be nice to get a Piel Frama that is as thin as the Pro but not too tall. I'm sure they will eventually make one but that's the nicest case/holster I've seen. And the belt clip actually looks like it would last or be replaceable if broken.
    Yes, the leather is fantastic, belt clip is sturdy, and it is an allround great case. Some people don't like spending this sort of money on a case, but it;s furniture grade leather, and not a lot considering a $500 Treo is going to live inside. I do wish it was a little softer inside given the plastic back and flush screen though.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    In a jam, look at Smartphone Experts horizontal case for the BlackJack II. The Pro fits nicely in it. http://store.wmexperts.com/smartphon...4A120A2074.htm

The Pro and BJII are really close in size and until cases cut specifically for the Pro become available, it might be a good match.
    Anyone discover any cases yet?
    Lets start a case thread.

w00t
    Hey!

what are you doing here?

I was thinking of you the other day.

Cases?
    well there's been some talk in the 'scratches easily' thread.

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=172034
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/02/2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added link
    I'm going to try this skin:
    http://www.handhelditems.com/palm-tr...k-p-18228.html

and use it with my Palm Case I already have:
    http://store.treocentral.com/palm-le.../4A120A107.htm
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow...the skin case is only $5.99???

And this treo pro can NOT remain naked. It really is just too pretty to be dinged up. My 680 looked like the terminator at the of the flick!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast