Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    What do you have covering the screen? Is it part of the case or do you have a screen protector? Looks from the pic that there is a strange cut at the top of the screen.
    It looks like a DIY job and you're very unkind to draw attention to it.
    ;-)
    It is a cheapo screen protector that I cut up real quick to slap on there until my custom screen protector comes in the mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Here is the gallery http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...orpics/review/ click the big pics to make them bigger and correct the stretch.

Its not a tight case but its not baggie either. It could be made a lot better but hey its priced right for what it is.
    I ordered the same case. nothing else is really out there.
    I want a case from Krusell or maybe Seidio (quality issues).

And BTW I dropped mine already. Slid right out of my hands. But, not even a scratch. fell on asphalt.

But my heart did stop for a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    How grippy is it, Paul?

I'm mainly concerned with 'Not Dropping It In The First Place' and thinking about 'Not Breaking It When I Drop It' as a second-line defence. There doesn't seem to be a really grippy skin on the market.

I'm torn between using the universal egrips that are on their way to me (despite the shipping to the UK having gone up by almost ten times since last time I ordered from them three years ago!) and getting this quite nice skin. If it's like the BB skin I tried for a while on a Bold, that was quite smooth, so kindof a compromise.
    This skin is not a grippy as egrips. This skin is actually kind of slick but of course its a major improvement over the slick, naked treo pro.

It does feel very cheap though. It seems a little baggy and feels as if it could just kinda fall off. In general it doesn't stay in place very well but it hasn't popped off either.

I will be tossing it in the old sock drawer when something of a higher quality comes out. I use to have a silicon skin for the treo 600 that was very stretchy and covered the phone well. It was clear and even covered the key. That would be great for the pro!
    ;-)
    HA HA,,, no worries,,,, when the treo get here I got out the hair salon snips and cut an extra protector that came with my daughters touchscreen leapfrom game,,,,, guess I did do a lousy job
    Though it seems cheapie it does the job very well.
    Very durable.

James, you mention the case feels slick, mine did for a few days, After a few days of use, it is nice and grippy.
    oil from hands, I assume.

I think it's a very wise purchase.

You and smilely have been saved because of this so called cheap skin.
    Here is the gallery http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...orpics/review/ click the big pics to make them bigger and correct the stretch.

Its not a tight case but its not baggie either. It could be made a lot better but hey its priced right for what it is.
    Those pics are ugly!

Check out these:

Just call me Berd.
    ;-)
    Sorry about that! I wasn't sure if it was my poor monitor or the pic

I ordered one of the 10$ Iphone cases. In the meantime I'm still using a cop style phone holster. Ugly as sin but the clip can't break.http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/...hone_case.html
    In Japan now and I just went to Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara and bought this:

Belkin Slim-fit case for IPhone 3G.

catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=456379 (not allowed to give full link yet)

Paid about $39.00 for it in Japan. Great case. Leather panels, sturdy cloth sides (not elastic), very slim, strong metal belt clip, sturdy and well made.

Designed for Iphone, but Treo Pro fits almost perfectly. A little tight at first, but by and by, it's loosening up nicely.

Very happy with this case.
    I know I'm in the minority with my particular case preference, but I really, really dig cases which have a flip-up/removeable hard plastic cover that protect the screen but still allow me to view it without removing the phone from the case. I had this case for my 650, and currently have this case for my 680.

I'm hopeful that Amzer or Smartphone Experts will develop a similar case for the Treo Pro soon. That's about the only reason I haven't gotten the phone yet. If anyone happens to know about these types of cases being planned for the Pro, please let me know.
    I tried the Belkin slim fit iphone case but found it way too tight.

I did eventually succeed in finding the perfect holster type case for the treo pro. It's made by roots and the model is rpda8.
    When I got my Cingular 8525, I bought this Fortte case: fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/321?type=0 (7 more posts before I can give full url links). It fits well, both with & without the Seidio extended battery. When I decided to retire the 8525 for the Treo Pro, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to retire the case. After a year & a half of heavy use, the case looks as good as it did when I bought it. As it turns out, the Treo Pro fits pretty well. It's a little loose front to back, but the side to side & top to bottom fit are perfect. I suspect that adding the extended battery to the Treo Pro would eliminate the front to back wiggle room. And some of the looseness may be stretch from longterm use with the 8525 fitted with the extended battery.
    I'm using the Belkin and it's loosened up a bit. But if I leave the phone in the case overnight the battery drains! Not sure why, I close all open applications and radios. I guess one of the buttons must be engaged while in the case but I haven't figured out what. I've left the phone on at night and I have more battery life left than with everything off and inside the Belkin. Very wierd. If I leave the phone out of the Belkin I keep 100% charge.

The Belkin is a good deal and works fine for what it is. Just don't store the phone in it overnight. Still need a better option that has the rugged clip of the Belkin but better fit.
    This skin is not a grippy as egrips. This skin is actually kind of slick but of course its a major improvement over the slick, naked treo pro.

It does feel very cheap though. It seems a little baggy and feels as if it could just kinda fall off. In general it doesn't stay in place very well but it hasn't popped off either.

I will be tossing it in the old sock drawer when something of a higher quality comes out. I use to have a silicon skin for the treo 600 that was very stretchy and covered the phone well. It was clear and even covered the key. That would be great for the pro!
    Not a fan of this case - I'm just using it for now until my bodyguardz skins come in. The silicon case is just too thick and bulky for my tastes. I like how RIM makes official silicon cases for its Blackberrys these days - they fit perfectly, are made of a high quality material, and are very thin and non-obtrusive.
    I got both the snap on case and the silicone case shown at this website. I bought them on ebay for less.

wirester.com/palm-treo-pro-accessories.html

I do like the snap case for protection, but it does sort of negate the flush screen, and it makes it a little harder to hit the green and red buttons.

I like the silicone case a little better, but I wish it was a little more snug.
    Cool to know that the snap case is alright. I ordered my Pro, BodyGuardz, and snap case the other day, and should have them by Thursday. Was considering the Silicone one as well, but never liked how they stretched on my Treo 750 and Q9h. Definately want the BodyGuardz on there first, regardless.
    Been using a belkin IPhone 3G sleeve case which fits fantastic - not too tight (ie: no accidental button pressing) & not too loose (ie: no bouncing around in it.
    Couldn't find the model on Belkin's website - but if you see it (Apple stores would be best bet!) it's the one with the elastic-y pull tab/fastening which pop the phone out a little to let you grab it from the case. The whole slidey in/out action keeps it relatively clean-looking too.

It'll plenty suffice until I see a TP specific case which I like the look of!
    Got my Bodyguardz today and installed. Lots of bubbles like usual but I can deal with that. Didn't install the front screen shield as I already have a different protector installed. Overall, I did a good job but I got one corner caught on some kleenex so it left behind a lot of dust. Still sticks to the phone, but I may have to cut that part off if/when it lifts off.
    I'm considering getting the Invisibleshield. Has anyone used it yet? I'm curious to know where the areas of coverage are. I want to use it with my existing screen protector as the Invisibleshield is a little thick for a screen protector.

I'm using a Martin Fields screen protector and a Marware CEO case for now.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jules82 View Post
    I'm considering getting the Invisibleshield. Has anyone used it yet? I'm curious to know where the areas of coverage are. I want to use it with my existing screen protector as the Invisibleshield is a little thick for a screen protector.

I'm using a Martin Fields screen protector and a Marware CEO case for now.

Thanks.

Invisishield by zagg is on sale one day only on 10-31-08 use coupon code scary40 during check out. Full shield 24.95 I got it for 14 and change I actually might order one more just to have it on hand.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast