Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    Wow...the skin case is only $5.99???
    Yea, I figured I'd give it a try.
    Just call me Berd.
    im using a nutshell case right now. I have used it on my last 4 phones. Its a universal pouch case.
    The Pro fits nicely in the SPE Horizontal case for the BJII.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Hey!

what are you doing here?

I was thinking of you the other day.

Cases?
    well there's been some talk in the 'scratches easily' thread.

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=172034
    back from the dead I am.

I gotta try out this new Palm. I've been bouncing around between a iPhone 3G, Nokia E71, Palm Centro and now the Pro.

I like form fitting cases. So maybe i'll hold out a bit longer. Plus we are preparing for a move to Mexico and I have to find 1 device to keep for the new 6+ months. I hope this is the one. Palm has always made good devices (700p cough cough) and i'm sure the Treo Pro will hold up.

Its good to be back though.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=berdinkerdickle;1505722]I'm going to try this skin:

It looks like the skin covers the side buttons, is that the case?
    Not sure.
    I haven't got it yet, just ordered it weds.
    I figure, if needed, I could cut those in.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Found this in a local (Carphone Warehouse) shop. Loved the way you can alternate between vertical and horizontal. Clip is also removable if you want simply a pocketable case.

Quite tight at first but just snug enough after the first day. The sides are leather, not elastic, so will never get too loose and fall out. Height + width just perfect.

And if you put it in screen first, no buttons get pressed on withdrawal (no accidentally answering a call before you've checked if you really want to talk to your mother-in-law about helping her sister's kid find a job )
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm looking forward to buy a sleeve type case like the one from Carrymobile (lowest pic on the TC article). Problem is from the looks in the image, the flap at the top seems to cover the power button. Can anyone confirm this? I have yet to get my Treo Pro yet and I'm not sure it's possible to turn off the device without using the top button.
    I've had the skin for a few days now.
    Yes it covers the side buttons. It's thick and easy to hold on to.
    I'm scared to death walking around with this guy naked. I will be keeping an eye out for a better option. but for $6 it's worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Andrew at Treonauts posted a while back that he was using an iPhone case with his Pro. Looks like a good one, too.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2008/08/treo-pro-cases.html
    I just got this Incipio case. It looks great and it's very practical with its pull-out tab. It fits kind of tight though, which I expect to loosen up as I continue to use it.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB View Post
    I just got this Incipio case. It looks great and it's very practical with its pull-out tab. It fits kind of tight though, which I expect to loosen up as I continue to use it.
    Thats good to hear because I ordered mine from the wmexperts store and it should be hear on Monday. I have been using an old Sena case that I had for my 700wx and it pretty much sucks.
    This iPhone 3g case from Sena fits like a glove.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I've had the skin for a few days now.
    Yes it covers the side buttons. It's thick and easy to hold on to.
    I'm scared to death walking around with this guy naked. I will be keeping an eye out for a better option. but for $6 it's worth it.
    Ya for 6 bucks and being immediately available it was a good idea. I got mine yesterday. I guess since the top corners are covered, the bottom corners are mostly covered and the back is completely covered it may reduce the chance for a scratch by a little more than half. If it lands on its front thought its a gone'er because the case wouldn't do it any good.

Its a quick, cheapo fix to tide me over
    I just ran errands and tried to close the car door with the same hand I was holding the Treo Pro. The phone slipped from my hand at about 3 and a half feet from the ground and landed on the bumpy concrete parking lot and bounced up under the car!!!

Not only was the Treo Pro completely blemish free but unbelievably the rubber skin didn't have a blemish on it either! This is the one I have http://www.handhelditems.com/palm-tr...k-p-18228.html
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I just ran errands and tried to close the car door with the same hand I was holding the Treo Pro. The phone slipped from my hand at about 3 and a half feet from the ground and landed on the bumpy concrete parking lot and bounced up under the car!!!

Not only was the Treo Pro completely blemish free but unbelievably the rubber skin didn't have a blemish on it either! This is the one I have http://www.handhelditems.com/palm-tr...k-p-18228.html
    would you mind taking a pic of your phone with the case on. it looks as though it covers the edges and back but not the front. i like the real-life view vs. a marketing (snapshot). thanks!
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    sure,,,, be right back,,,
    Here is the gallery http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...orpics/review/ click the big pics to make them bigger and correct the stretch.

Its not a tight case but its not baggie either. It could be made a lot better but hey its priced right for what it is.
    What do you have covering the screen? Is it part of the case or do you have a screen protector? Looks from the pic that there is a strange cut at the top of the screen.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    How grippy is it, Paul?

I'm mainly concerned with 'Not Dropping It In The First Place' and thinking about 'Not Breaking It When I Drop It' as a second-line defence. There doesn't seem to be a really grippy skin on the market.

I'm torn between using the universal egrips that are on their way to me (despite the shipping to the UK having gone up by almost ten times since last time I ordered from them three years ago!) and getting this quite nice skin. If it's like the BB skin I tried for a while on a Bold, that was quite smooth, so kindof a compromise.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast