1.    #1  
    I have it set in power settings to turn off when idle for 2 min and the phone still won't turn off. I've tried all the other time options as well. If I leave it alone without manually turning it off, it'll stay on forever...until the battery dies that is. Anyone know how to fix this without trying a hard reset? Is there something in the registry that can be changed?

Thanks,
    Marshall
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    My power settings seem to come and go without any identifiable reason. Sometimes the screen will stay on all the time and other times it turns off as programed. A soft reset sometimes corrects it and other times I have to soft reset it a few times before it works as programmed. It's annoying as there seems no rhyme or reason to it. I don't have an answer and hope someone else does.
    Strange. Sometimes my screen will stay on and never go off. I end up taking the battery out and putting it back in often trying to fix weird stuff like that.

I dealt with a backlight that would only stay on for 4 seconds no matter what I did for quite a while until finally doing a hard reset to fix it.
    I'm dealing with this issue now... I don't know the cause but it seems like it has something to do with whatever tells the phone it is plugged in because I can generally plug the phone in and unplug it to solve the problem.

I originally thought it might be a software issue but I've hard reset twice in the last 12 hours and with no software installed at all I get the same problem quite randomly.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I'm experiencing this as well. I may not be using this phone as long as I thought...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I soft reset periodically (at least every other day) to avoid this and other strange behavior. Every Windows Mobile phone I've ever used has done this now and then; it's not unique to the 800w.

There was a thread here quite recently about some setting that caused this behavior, and it was not a reg hack. It was a regular control panel change. Not a setting I use personally, but I do remember reading that someone set something a certain way and the screen never turned off (not backlight, screen itself). Not sure what it was...