Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Can anybody recommend a good email client for the Treo 800w?

My patience has run out with the built-in email client. Between the ongoing Send email problems, and the problems with the client automatically deleting messages when they're deleted from the server, I've had enough.

I've seen some references to FlexMail. I tried to download & install it, but got an invalid application error.

I either need a better email client or this phone is going back to Sprint.

Thanks in advance...
    I've also searched but the best (and possibly only) option I've found was FlexMail. Must have installed and deleted at least 4 or 5 times, trying to learn to like it but have since removed it. It just doesn't "wow" me in any way.
    As you can see here, I was also left not greatly impressed with Flexmail - but it's still much better than the built in mail client on the 800w.
    same here. did ot like flex mail , went back to built in client which I think is better than flex mail.
    im having probs with my email. it says I can use email from like gmail but excite isn't working.
    can't figure it out.
    Is excite something that offers pop3 mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuehmann View Post
    My patience has run out with the built-in email client. Between the ongoing Send email problems, and the problems with the client automatically deleting messages when they're deleted from the server, I've had enough.
    I also cannot understand the client deleting messages this way. it is like the the worst of both imap/pop worlds. It is confounding.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I actually like that it deletes the email when I remove it from the server. Here's my user scenario:

Desktop configured for POP email using Outlook. This is my main mail repository and it removes mssgs from the server when I connect.

800w configured for POP using Pocket Outlook. If I'm on the road, I d/l my mssgs here. I don't want it to delete on the server, and it works as expected.

When I get back home and connect with Outlook, it gets all mssgs from the server. Next time I connect with the 800w, all those mssgs are gone, which is what I want.

I can see a case where someone wants the mssg to remain on the 800w, even though it has been removed from the server. My 680 behaved this way with the Xpress Mail client.

One workaround for this is to use IMAP email instead of POP. With IMAP, the mail server, the 800w and the desktop with Outlook will all show the same inbox. I also have this on my 800w with my Gmail account.

Esteban