1.    #1  
    I was searching for car mounts awhile ago and found this ProClip.com. I noticed they had Centro car mounts and inquired if they would be making 800w car mounts, which they stated they were in the process of making one. I recently received an email stating they have them already available. So if you're interested, there are several models available. They look like this....

You need to select a device holder and then a mount (vehicle, console, RV, etc.), which would look like this...

Thanks for the info... I've been waiting for one of those... Now if I only had the money to get one... ;-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    thats awesome that they used a volvo in thier picture!!
    Great thanks for the info...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Well since I was having trouble finding anything I liked, I picked up one of these off Ebay Thursday. (I've been notified it already shipped, awaiting its arrival.) I figured since I really didn't like any that I saw much, that I might as well go cheap .

But wow, this ProClip solution. A customized mount made just for your model vehicle and a separately sold customized holder made specifically for the device, that really does add up to the perfect solution. A bit pricey compared to other options given two custom pieces have to be separately selected, but it's very professional looking.

When my cheap mount breaks, which I'm sure will occur, odds are good I'll go with the ProClip solution.

I might never look to another provider of car mounts again...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I've always used proclips in my cars for my phones and ipods. Funny thing is that the 800w in the Seido case fits in the 700wx holder I already owned perfectely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootup View Post
    I've always used proclips in my cars for my phones and ipods. Funny thing is that the 800w in the Seido case fits in the 700wx holder I already owned perfectely.
    How do you like them ? Do they fit snug ? I often wondered how they fit since they slide in between the moldings..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    I own a Chrysler PT Cruiser and I've wanted to make a car mount of my own. I figured the best spot was just in front of the window controls. Knowing how a lazy arse I am, I figured I would search around if there was such a mount. I just happened to look around and found ProClips. One of the photos they had was exactly what I wanted....

This is why I originally made the inquiry about the 800w. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but there, but there are some options (car or console mounts) available. The only downside with the window mounts, is that I don't like anything obstructing my view. I don't even use the sun visors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    How do you like them ? Do they fit snug ? I often wondered how they fit since they slide in between the moldings..
    My experience is that they fit wonderfully but I will say that after a year and a half the mount (not the portion that hods the phone) broke at the top where it inserts into the molding on my dash. I glued it down until I can afford a replacement and all is well (until I go to remove it... LOL).
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I tried the Proclip back when I had the Treo 650 (IIRC). They actually fit your device too well. If you get the holder for a caseless device, and then put on a body skin like the InvisibleShield - your device will be too fat for the holder.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    My experience is that they fit wonderfully but I will say that after a year and a half the mount (not the portion that hods the phone) broke at the top where it inserts into the molding on my dash. I glued it down until I can afford a replacement and all is well (until I go to remove it... LOL).
    Thanks for the info, I'm really wanting to get one and that was one of the questions that was on my mind.. Thanks again.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I tried the Proclip back when I had the Treo 650 (IIRC). They actually fit your device too well. If you get the holder for a caseless device, and then put on a body skin like the InvisibleShield - your device will be too fat for the holder.
    Thats good to know that they work that well.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I don't have the 800W yet, but I have been using proclip mounts and device holders for many years on both mine any my wifes vehicles. they do a great job. they are actually engineered specifically for your year, make and model of vehicle and the device holder is specifically engineered for your device. yes, they are more money than gereric mounts, but they are well worth the extra cost. most of the car mounts are perfect line of site for gps usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    This sounds like a job for Mighty Putty! .

Assuming you want that mount to stay in that spot forever .
    I have had proclips and will get another when the 800 comes to Verizon. They are amazing. They fit the devices great and they work with the extended batteries like the seidio.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    This sounds like a job for Mighty Putty! .

Assuming you want that mount to stay in that spot forever .
    Heh... I used super glue...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Know any that work with a silicon case?