Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hey guys. I just received an OEM LG travel charger that I bought on ebay. In the auction, the seller said it would work for the 800w. It does have the same micro usb connector, but the power input/output is different. I know nothing about electricity, so I am hoping someone can help me determine if it is safe to use the LG charger.

-------------------------------------------

OEM Palm (came with the phone):
    Input: 120V ~ 50/60Hz 0.15A
    Output: 5V === 1A

OEM LG:
    Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.2A
    Output: 5.1V === .7A

Thanks in advance,
    Jason
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You only get .7 AMP and the original is 1 AM.

In this case you have to off your phone to get it charged.

Go to seido those high current output charger.
    The charger should work fine. It will take a little longer to charge the phone. I currently use a .5 amp charger every night to charge my 800w. I use the OEM one in the office for the quicker charge.
    I have an aftermarket charger that only puts out .55 amp and it charges the phone just fine without turning it off.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    the 800w is going to draw between 50 to 500 ma depending what you are doing, although if you are not using wifi it wont go above around 350 even using gps, processor, bluetooth and calls.

1000 ma (one amp) at 5 volts means no matter how much overhead you are using you will have 500 ma for charging (about 2.5 hours or less from empty to full)

500 to 700 ma will add from 5 to 25% charger per hour depending on what you are using.

You should be ok, but the five to ten dollar premium for a full one amp charger is well worth it if you want to get a significant boost on your battery during short trips.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It will mainly be used for overnight charging while I am traveling, so the time it takes to charge shouldn't ever be a problem.

To confirm: The 5.0 to 5.1 voltage difference is ok? And, going from .15A to .2A is also ok?

Thanks for all your help.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    If you are running Skype then it is not going to charge with the .7 amp. It might just maintain it.

It will charge if you are not running anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by jweisbrot View Post
    It will mainly be used for overnight charging while I am traveling, so the time it takes to charge shouldn't ever be a problem.

To confirm: The 5.0 to 5.1 voltage difference is ok? And, going from .15A to .2A is also ok?

Thanks for all your help.
    Yes.