Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    172$ brand new from ebay
    I feel cheated...

$180, fleabay... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I got mine for free along with a sero plan off of celltradeusa.com
    Free traded 800w
    free or should I just say the cost of taxes which maybe be about $15. I was at end of contract and worked out a deal and was still eligible for mail in rebate that's what made it free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-Troy View Post
    Free traded 800w
    Ditto.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    $155 from ebay, NIB.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    $135 from ebay, used but in great shape. non-refurb with 1.04
    $160 after Tax from Best Buy (now $149.99).
    $183.00 NIB Ebay.

Wish it would have come with a screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfendrick View Post
    $183.00 NIB Ebay.

Wish it would have come with a screen protector.
    The 800w said that it came with a 'built in' screen protector, as did the Centro, I believe...

Is the Pro not privy to such technology?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    The 800w said that it came with a 'built in' screen protector, as did the Centro, I believe...

Is the Pro not privy to such technology?
    No and it really wouldn't matter anyway. What use is a non-removable screen protector?

Anyway, I don't know why they tried to push that nonsense; neither of those phones had any more resilient screen than any other in my experience. All touchscreen phones need a screen protector (except maybe an iPhone? that glass is nigh impossible to scratch with daily use)
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    No and it really wouldn't matter anyway. What use is a non-removable screen protector?

Anyway, I don't know why they tried to push that nonsense; neither of those phones had any more resilient screen than any other in my experience. All touchscreen phones need a screen protector (except maybe an iPhone? that glass is nigh impossible to scratch with daily use)
    I don't know... I had my 800w for nearly a year without EVER having a screen protector on it and it didn't have a single scratch. I hope to reproduce that result with my Treo Pro...

I don't like screen protectors... I've yet to find one that doesn't somehow take away from the screen or its use...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I don't know... I had my 800w for nearly a year without EVER having a screen protector on it and it didn't have a single scratch. I hope to reproduce that result with my Treo Pro...

I don't like screen protectors... I've yet to find one that doesn't somehow take away from the screen or its use...
    +1. I wipe prints from my screen constantly, but no scratches. The only "scratch" I got on my 800w was when I stupidly handled it shortly after using super glue and hadn't gotten it all the way off my finger. Fortunately, it was an 800w and I was able to get the unit replaced when the USB port went bad. lol
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Paid $210 for mine from a guy on Craigslist. NIB. He said he worked for Sprint and won it for being top sales guy for the month, I think he did the five finger discount. Whatever, it works awesome and I didn't have to have a contract extension which is always nice. I'll be selling my Touch Pro that it replaced and that should bring in a bit more than this one cost so no harm done.
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post

I think it was more of a scratch-resistant layer on top of the plastic screen for the 800w. That makes sense to do. Third party "screen protectors" aren't scratch resistant, they're just removable.

Like gksmithlcw, I have the same 800w for nearly a year now (Centro before that) and I'm a heavy stylus user. Not a single scratch so that "nonsense" worked for me

As far as a Treo Pro, I'm not using a screen protector either. No insurance, no case, no protectors. I live wildly, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    As far as a Treo Pro, I'm not using a screen protector either. No insurance, no case, no protectors. I live wildly, lol.
    LMAO! Awesome!!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I think it was more of a scratch-resistant layer on top of the plastic screen for the 800w. That makes sense to do. Third party "screen protectors" aren't scratch resistant, they're just removable.

Like gksmithlcw, I have the same 800w for nearly a year now (Centro before that) and I'm a heavy stylus user. Not a single scratch so that "nonsense" worked for me

A walk on the wild side.

I still have an Ipaq 5+ years that I carried in my pocket and now carry in my man bag (laptop bag) with no screen protection.
    $175 brand new in the box off of CL. Company gave it to him and he didn't want to switch from PalmOS.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    $185, brand new on craigslist.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast