Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    All you need is a Rom Flash, correct?
    Did they say how much $$$ ?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    All you need is a Rom Flash, correct?
    Did they say how much $$$ ?
    Well it's a $50 deductable until 4/19, after that it is $100 deductable for PDA phones. Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I see no possible way to prove or disprove that claim, which makes it vacuous, other than to suggest
    1. There are very limited amounts of 1.03 versions out there
    2. Sprint will certainly exchange your 1.03 for a 1.04
    3. There isn't much difference (~2mb of RAM) between the 2 versions anyways
    4. Over a very short time, 1.03s will be completely flushed out of the market, making this claim moot
    For #2 - Certainly? Sprint will exchange them? How can you be so certain?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintDaddy View Post
    One last update. Called Sprint again and the only path I have is to send it in for repair since I have insurance. Fun stuff.
    Do you have TEP?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Do you have TEP?
    Yup. I get the insurance at a 25% discount so it makes the price not too awful bad.
    I paid $412 to the door directly from Palm, no contract, via their developer network link.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Yeah and their reception seems worse than with the 1.04 model.

I think these 1.03 are not just a few that got by on bestbuy. something else going on.
    I think they may have fallen off the truck when they were being shipped back to Sprint, if you catch my drift. As for the eBay scenarios, it's like I've always said, caveat emptor.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    $246.00 US, including taxes from Best Buy
    Which version, 1.03 or 1.04?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintDaddy View Post
    Well it's a $50 deductable until 4/19, after that it is $100 deductable for PDA phones. Ouch.
    Do you have the full TEP $7/month plan? I thought the deductable only applied to phones that were physcially damaged, like with water or cracked screens. If they could fix the phone with software or something there was no charge if it was under warranty was my understanding when I got my plan. Might be worth asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I think they may have fallen off the truck when they were being shipped back to Sprint, if you catch my drift. As for the eBay scenarios, it's like I've always said, caveat emptor.
    IVHS, I feel bad about our exchange on the insurance thread. I still feel strongly about my points on it but I apologize if the tone was impolite

The being said, this is an extremely unusual situation with the recalled Sprint treo pros being out there on ebay. Buyers who note this -- and frankly everyone here did know there was this old version out there since it was discussed in about 100 posts and threads -- should have checked the version with the seller, and even if they didn't have 30 days to protest and attempt a refund. a reputable seller will give a refund.

I am wondering if some of these are the stolen Palm inventory. Palm reported they had inventory stolen ($5 million). I wonder if these are them and they never reported the ESN to Sprint! Likely? I don't know. Possible? yes! It is possible these were FOB Palm owned in an htc warehouse.

Users here have done extremely well buying and selling on ebay. It is an excellent way to get a perfectly good new or used handset and to sell ones former handset. Problmes are extraordinarily rare, and in this case treocentral members generally knew there was also the recalled models possibly in circulation.
    Last edited by aero; 04/02/2009 at 04:15 PM.
    $300 upfront after mail in rebate $100. renwered for 2 years though
    200 after MIR
    So far 3 that I know of here at TC have bought a STP off Ebay and only found out after they checked the Sticky
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...d-release.html
    I know it's not many, but TC represents a very small portion of Ebay Shoppers who might be looking for a STP.
    Who's to blame for those devices even being out there?
    We could also say that the ones who bought off ebay were taking a certain risk.
    I feel the few/many victims to Best Buy's crooked move should have recourse.
    There's only one way these got out there - Best Buy. Sure, we can put a certain amount of blame on the buyer, but again, not everybody reads TC.
    The innocent Ebay Shopper who doesn't find out until later that they got the Best Buy fumble shouldn't have to just deal with it. No matter how insignificant the difference between 1.04 and 1.03.

Mal said it's a "Certainty" that they can exchange.
    If that's the case, then great. but it doesn't sound like anybody wants to pick up the fumble on this one.
    Just call me Berd.
    I just got mine today off of ebay and it fortunately was the 1.04.

Thank goodness!
    $234 for STP from BB. Sprint bought my 755p for $50. So that's $184. Best thing is that I didn't have to extend my contract and BB screwed up when they were activating my phone. So right now my account shows that I am eligible for a $150 rebate on my next upgrade.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnybravo View Post
    I just got mine today off of ebay and it fortunately was the 1.04.

Thank goodness!
    What ebay user did you buy from?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Many of you forgot, its not $300 AR. Did you forgot to add the tax? Yah, the tax on the $100 rebate too.

I sold my 800w on ebay yesterday. Ill get the final numbers later.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    After going through 4 Centro's in 9 months, I paid $125 for the Pro to be shipped to me overnight from Sprint.

I paid $50 for the phone + $25 for the first month + $35 for activation
    No contract.

$ == Canadian $
    I bought mine from a guy on Craigs List for $200 today. One of the good/bad things (depending on how you look at it) about living in NYC is that you can get just about anything almost immediately. Sent an e-mail on Craigslist and met the guy in Washington Square Park for the exchange. Felt sort of like I was doing a drug deal, but oh well lol...
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast