Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    yeah, just do "sprint treo pro" and the do "completed listings" to get an idea.

Quite a few are "brand new sealed in box" going in the low $200 range (this one went for $197). Like I mentioned, with ~550 auctions going on, the market is flooded, so you you have to pick and choose your bid carefully (and preferably use a sniper program/watch seller feedback).
    197!?!?!!? And he has buy now for 269! A much better deal than my 310--could have used that extra money for Presidente Margarita's @ Chilis. I did not see those when I searched for mine the other day. Oh well, water under the bridge. I'm happy with the phone so far.
    yeah, just do "sprint treo pro" and the do "completed listings" to get an idea.

Quite a few are "brand new sealed in box" going in the low $200 range (this one went for $197). Like I mentioned, with ~550 auctions going on, the market is flooded, so you you have to pick and choose your bid carefully (and preferably use a sniper program/watch seller feedback).
    It's enough to make one consider dropping their phone's insurance.

Maybe Sprint is wanting to get as many Pro's out there so that everyone will be ditching them to get a Pre?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    STP costs me $330ish with express shipping. I got $100 equipmenmt credit from Sprint and applied for $100 rebate (not sure if rebate will come through bc I'm on $30 sero plan). If everything works out the way I planned, $130, otherwise $230. Had to extend the contract for another 2-years.
    I got my GSM Pro for $330 shipped from ebay. Happy to have no service contract.
    i got my Treo Pro for 379 in October last year from PCWORLD, UK..................
    Wow it's amazing that it's so cheap and it hasn't even been out that long. I paid $299 for mine... I lucked out since they gave me the rebate and I had just used it in November to get the Touch Pro.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    CDN$99 in the Great White North....but that's a 3 year contract with a 12 or 18 months HUP option (don't recall which).
    You are always in the s*** -it's just a matter of how deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    ....Happy to have no service contract.
    I'll only buy an unlocked phone anymore. I hate 2 year service contracts.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    I got my GSM Pro for $330 shipped from ebay. Happy to have no service contract.
    That $197 price an more common $230 prices are for contract-free CDMA versions. Costs nothing to activate & no renewals or contracts needed, just add to your existing plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiesha View Post
    197!?!?!!? And he has buy now for 269! A much better deal than my 310--could have used that extra money for Presidente Margarita's @ Chilis. I did not see those when I searched for mine the other day. Oh well, water under the bridge. I'm happy with the phone so far.
    The downside is you are probably going to get an unauthorized release on eBay. Almost everyone who has bought on there did.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 View Post
    The downside is you are probably going to get an unauthorized release on eBay. Almost everyone who has bought on there did.
    I see no possible way to prove or disprove that claim, which makes it vacuous, other than to suggest
    1. There are very limited amounts of 1.03 versions out there
    2. Sprint will certainly exchange your 1.03 for a 1.04
    3. There isn't much difference (~2mb of RAM) between the 2 versions anyways
    4. Over a very short time, 1.03s will be completely flushed out of the market, making this claim moot

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I see no possible way to prove or disprove that claim, which makes it vacuous, other than to suggest
    1. Sprint will certainly exchange your 1.03 for a 1.04
    Not sure about that exhange thing. Read my post on http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...release-3.html
    1. There are very limited amounts of 1.03 versions out there
    2. Sprint will certainly exchange your 1.03 for a 1.04
    3. There isn't much difference (~2mb of RAM) between the 2 versions anyways
    4. Over a very short time, 1.03s will be completely flushed out of the market, making this claim moot
    My only proof is that I got a 1.03 yesterday... and pretty much all of those posting with eBay STPs are in the same boat. And in the thread posted above, no one has had luck exchanging a 1.03 for a 1.04 with Sprint.
    Thanks,
    SprintDaddy & hoopsbwc34

I'm trying really hard to forewarn TC members.

Beware buying from EBAY!
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/09/2009 at 03:52 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    I will post what palm has to say when I call them later on today. I'm just wondering something. Say there is a update for the phone sometime to fix some bugs, some update say "SPT-1.04-SPT1.1 firmware update" or something like that. I wonder if it will still work if we aren't starting out with the 1.04. Just a thought, I could be way off base tho.
    If/When a Rom Update becomes available, it should be able to be flashed to your device.
    Just call me Berd.
    Update: Just talked to Palm and they won't do anything either. The admin ppl said it was a "pre-owned" device therefor no longer under warranty.
    $246.00 US, including taxes from Best Buy
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    One last update. Called Sprint again and the only path I have is to send it in for repair since I have insurance. Fun stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 View Post
    My only proof is that I got a 1.03 yesterday... and pretty much all of those posting with eBay STPs are in the same boat. And in the thread posted above, no one has had luck exchanging a 1.03 for a 1.04 with Sprint.
    Yeah and their reception seems worse than with the 1.04 model.

I think these 1.03 are not just a few that got by on bestbuy. something else going on.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast