Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    The seller that I bought it from actually only had one and it was used. I believe she may not have liked the phone upon receiving it and decided to ebay it instead of returning it. It didn't appear to be used too much so no concerns on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by jules82 View Post
    Where did you find this deal? I've been struggling to find one for a decent price in the UK.
    Hi Jules,

apologies for the delay in posting back - was out in the boonies for the weekend ~ even to the extent I didn't have coverage! Escapism bliss!

Anyhoo, the pric I got was through Probsolvexpress. Don't know if they realised - but the VAT didn't get added on, hence the awesome nature of the price! Give it a whirl, & if it ain't fixed, be happy it's broke!
    I got mine from buy.com = $499 ($505 with 2nd day)

-D

PS there was NO Sales Tax :-)
    Last edited by CrozB; 10/13/2008 at 11:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    can you post the name of ebay seller who sold you this item. I cant find a seller which would sell it for less than $500 and still be eligible for the Live serach discount promotion.
    prabhg:

Check your inbox.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I just did the eBay + Live Search cash back thing. There is one auction that has 10 Palm Treo Pro at $450 Buy-It-Now price. I took the plunge and if things work out fine, my final price should be $450 - $135 = $315. No shipping or tax. (Yes, I finallly got 30% off. I don't know why I was only getting 20% off in my prior live.com searches).

This auction, as of now (10/13/2008 9:50pm Pacific), has 5 units left. The seller's handle starts with an 'm'.

BTW, I am crossing my fingers that this seller is legit. So if you decide to buy it, you're at your own risk.

Also, if you're a Palm developer (PDN) who's signed up with the program for over 60 days, you can get $100 off from Palm.com's price but you have to pay shipping (and tax if you're in CA and several other states). I believe this is the safest AND cheapest way to get a Treo Pro. (See attachment for details.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by webedc; 10/14/2008 at 12:01 AM.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    I just did the eBay + Live Search cash back thing. There is one auction that has 10 Palm Treo Pro at $450 Buy-It-Now price. I took the plunge and if things work out fine, my final price should be $450 - $135 = $315. No shipping or tax. (Yes, I finallly got 30% off. I don't know why I was only getting 20% off in my prior live.com searches).

This auction, as of now (10/13/2008 9:50pm Pacific), has 5 units left. The seller's handle starts with an 'm'.

BTW, I am crossing my fingers that this seller is legit. So if you decide to buy it, you're at your own risk.
    Guess what folks. Things are really too good to be true. I just received a message from eBay Loss Prevention department that this auction is REMOVED. I've initiated the claim process through PayPal. I hope none of you are affected by this. Yikes!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    GRRRR!

Really fumin now - issue after issue with Probsolvexpress.
    1) Sell me out-of-stock TP & expect me to wait ~ so I cancel and hold onto my money for myself whilst waiting.
    2) Give me a great price (because they forgot to add VAT), then mess around with completing the order; only to then decide I need to pay VAT.
    3) I pay just so that I can get the TP & lo-&-behold, they're out of stock again, this time expecting me to wait another month.
    4) Finally get hold of customer (dis)service & request an apology & explanation of how/why they screwed up from a manager ~ only to have them cancel the order without asking me!

Added to that - when I did manage to speak to a person & request a call back, the ONLY time they actually did so was to get the extra payment out of me. Suffice to say I'm far from impressed & now would definitely urge caution if you consider using these guys for anything. Diabolical service, attitude & all-round abismal!

[Rant over!] Time to find me another supplier, hopefully with a better price now they're dropping!

Found a great supplier now ~ InMyShop.com (UK Based)
    TP at 327.74,
    8GB Micro SD (again with mini, standard & USB adaptors) at 15.85
    Next day delivery at 9.99

TOTAL: 353.58!

Had the shipping confirmed and it should be in my hands today! Yippee!
    Including delivery I paid 125 here in Holland.
    Conditions being a one-year Vodafone subscription of 32,95/month.

Unlocked btw, not vodafone branded
    Treo Pro Playtime
    $0 upfront on a AU$80/month plan 24 month contract. Price of phone in contract AU$999. Telstra Australia.

The Treo Pro is the only WM phone that has a "blue tick", which means highest reception coverage on the 850 network, called NextG in Australia.
    Mike
  11.    #51  
    Nice Mike!!!!!!!!! I find the RF on the Pro AWESOME as well!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Nice Mike!!!!!!!!! I find the RF on the Pro AWESOME as well!
    I had a Nokia N95-3 (850) which had really good reception and the TPro is just as good, if not better.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeals View Post
    I had a Nokia N95-3 (850) which had really good reception and the TPro is just as good, if not better.
    Cool! Yea, it IS good, isn't it? If you have found it to be better than "the king of reception", that's saying something!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Got one for 450 from palm partner site plus 18 next day delivery. Watch out Treo world I'm coming out of retirement. Getting rid of the tilt for the treo pro.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    bump... anyone get a Treo Pro for less than $400?
    Quote Originally Posted by magic25 View Post
    bump... anyone get a Treo Pro for less than $400?
    I certainly hope not......
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    bought for $360 cash, found on craigslist, bought it in person, came with all original items and box, 2 months old, looks and works just like new, I've been testing it out all day long.
    I got mine for $300.00 shipped. Purchased it "buy it now" for $500 on ebay using Live Search Cashback when it was 30% back and had a 10% off coupon at the same time. Live Search gave me $150 and eBay deducted $50 from the purchase price (after the total was reported to Live Search).
    0 euro (that's about 0$ ).

18 Months contract with minimum consumption of 25 euro per month
    Quote Originally Posted by ziptbm View Post
    I got mine for $300.00 shipped. Purchased it "buy it now" for $500 on ebay using Live Search Cashback when it was 30% back and had a 10% off coupon at the same time. Live Search gave me $150 and eBay deducted $50 from the purchase price (after the total was reported to Live Search).
    If you look at a few threads above, by webedc. I think that deal ends up being a ripoff.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast