Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 224
  1. phaijai's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #21  
    $497.00 Buy It Now off ebay. I am getting $149.00 back because I used the Live Search 30% off promotion. Eventual price should be $348.00.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai View Post
    $497.00 Buy It Now off ebay. I am getting $149.00 back because I used the Live Search 30% off promotion. Eventual price should be $348.00.
    What's the 'Live Search 30% off promotion'?
    And where can it be found?
    Do you have a link?

    Thanks
  3. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    What's the 'Live Search 30% off promotion'?
    And where can it be found?
    Do you have a link?

    Thanks
    This is a FAQ for Live Search cashback: http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

    Easiest way is to go to http://www.live.com, search your items (I tried Palm Treo Pro but it didn't yield any cashback logo so I tried HTC 8925 and an eBay link with cashback logo came up). Make sure to click on the one that has the cashback logo.

    BTW, the current Live Search cashback deal for eBay is only 20% off.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  4. #24  
    322.61 for the handset (304.64), a 4GB card with mini, standard & usb adaptors (9.80) & next-day delivery (8.17). No too shabby considering Palm's price is 399!

    Best price I've found over the last month ~ so snapped it up & am on tenterhooks whilst waiting for it to arrive!
  5. CDG
    CDG is offline
    CDG's Avatar
    Posts
    467 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    #25  
  6. phaijai's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    This is a FAQ for Live Search cashback: http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

    Easiest way is to go to http://www.live.com, search your items (I tried Palm Treo Pro but it didn't yield any cashback logo so I tried HTC 8925 and an eBay link with cashback logo came up). Make sure to click on the one that has the cashback logo.

    BTW, the current Live Search cashback deal for eBay is only 20% off.
    That's basically how to get it done. Wow, good thing I bought when I did since the promo on the day that I bought was 30%. You find the Buy It Now item that you want and once you click on the Buy It Now, there should be info on how much cash back the item qualifies for before you actually commit to buying. Once you have bought the item, you'll get an Ebay message detailing how to get your cash back.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai View Post
    That's basically how to get it done. Wow, good thing I bought when I did since the promo on the day that I bought was 30%. You find the Buy It Now item that you want and once you click on the Buy It Now, there should be info on how much cash back the item qualifies for before you actually commit to buying. Once you have bought the item, you'll get an Ebay message detailing how to get your cash back.

    'doh.
    when I try it now, all I can get is a 2.4% discount, or $12.
    eBay doesn't come up in the list of stores.

    Do you need to be a member of MS LiveSearch or anything?
    "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts."
  8. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bread View Post
    'doh.
    when I try it now, all I can get is a 2.4% discount, or $12.
    eBay doesn't come up in the list of stores.

    Do you need to be a member of MS LiveSearch or anything?
    The tricky part is to have a search on live.com that would yield you an eBay link AND a cashback logo.

    Try putting in "HTC 8925" in the search box of live.com. (See the attachment for a screen shot). Once you click on the link, you'll get to the eBay page and has cashback logo on top. From there on you can start searching for your Palm Treo Pro (or anything that is sold under "Buy It Now").

    Hope it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMatt View Post
    322.61 for the handset (304.64), a 4GB card with mini, standard & usb adaptors (9.80) & next-day delivery (8.17). No too shabby considering Palm's price is 399!

    Best price I've found over the last month ~ so snapped it up & am on tenterhooks whilst waiting for it to arrive!
    Where did you find this deal? I've been struggling to find one for a decent price in the UK.
  10.    #30  
    322 sterling? Are you serious???????? You could order it from the U.S.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

    Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai View Post
    That's basically how to get it done. Wow, good thing I bought when I did since the promo on the day that I bought was 30%. You find the Buy It Now item that you want and once you click on the Buy It Now, there should be info on how much cash back the item qualifies for before you actually commit to buying. Once you have bought the item, you'll get an Ebay message detailing how to get your cash back.
    OK. so I got what you are saying. I searched HTC 8925, and I got a 30% off link of ebay. I logged in, searched for treo pro, got 4 results, out of which only one was with less than $500 price tag. I still have the 30% off sign on top of window. Now I click on buy it now, and in next screen when its asking me to confirm, I dont see the 30% off thingy on the screen, and its not telling me if I am getting a discount or not. Afraid of comitting to the $500 price, which i cant afford right now, I dont want to hit the continue button just to check whats next. So can you please share based on your experience if I am following the right path and if there will be a discount on next screen or not?? it will be good though if that discount could come my way.

    Update: If I choose a different reseller, then I do get the MS discount sign on screen. So it seems to depend on the retailer. Can you please share what ebay seller did you the phone from that made you eligible for this offer. All ebay TP sellers as of now that are part of this offer are selling TP for $580+. Not much saving even if I get the discount afterwards.
    Last edited by prabhg; 10/11/2008 at 02:44 PM.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  12. phaijai's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    OK. so I got what you are saying. I searched HTC 8925, and I got a 30% off link of ebay. I logged in, searched for treo pro, got 4 results, out of which only one was with less than $500 price tag. I still have the 30% off sign on top of window. Now I click on buy it now, and in next screen when its asking me to confirm, I dont see the 30% off thingy on the screen, and its not telling me if I am getting a discount or not. Afraid of comitting to the $500 price, which i cant afford right now, I dont want to hit the continue button just to check whats next. So can you please share based on your experience if I am following the right path and if there will be a discount on next screen or not?? it will be good though if that discount could come my way.
    I can see what you are saying. When I initially tried it, I tried a listed item from seller Buy.com and I was unable to get the 30% to show on the confirm page, despite having the CashBack logo at the top of the page. I tried another auction from a different seller and that brought up the 30% percent CashBack logo. I am certain you will know because on the confirmation page, you will see the 30% CashBack logo.

    I agree with you in that if you do not see the CashBack logo, you should not commit to purchasing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13. #33  
    Buy.com with $30 credit for $475
  14. #34  
    I freakin paid $549 a month ago on Dell.com. They finally ship it to me last week. They kept sending me email after email that said, it was delayed! I tried getting the $74 bucks back when it went onsale this week, but they will not refund it! Last time I purchase a mobile phone from them.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    I freakin paid $549 a month ago on Dell.com. They finally ship it to me last week. They kept sending me email after email that said, it was delayed! I tried getting the $74 bucks back when it went onsale this week, but they will not refund it! Last time I purchase a mobile phone from them.
    Don't give up too easily. I raised hell with Palm, and it paid off. I'm not done with them yet. But at least I have the Pro in my hands now, and boy, this makes waiting for the Blackberry Bold a LOT easier.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

    Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

  16. eatonjb's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    I freakin paid $549 a month ago on Dell.com. They finally ship it to me last week. They kept sending me email after email that said, it was delayed! I tried getting the $74 bucks back when it went onsale this week, but they will not refund it! Last time I purchase a mobile phone from them.
    tell them you will send it back, and then re-order it from them.. i am sure they will give you the $$ back!
  17. #37  
    Yeah, tried that. I can barely understand the person I'm speaking to, because guess what.... it’s out sourced to other countries. Just gave up with ever getting money back.

    My journey started out with a Cingular 3125. When first revealed, reviewers were comparing a Windows Mobile phone technology to the biggest mobile phones on the market, Motorola Razr. I really enjoyed having it but in 2008, its showing age with no Wifi or GPS. I did some research and ended up with a HP 612c phone just as it was being marketed in the United States. A week later, the company pulled it and I ended up with no warranty. Guess WHAT? The mini-USB port broke and cost almost $200 to fix it. I didn’t want to pay that, so I just took the loss and purchased the Palm a month ago.

    I’m just fed up with company politics and want to get my life back on track. I have very little patience at this point because its been almost six freakin months since I had a working windows Mobile phone that I could sync up. Spent almost 2 grand thus far and $74 isn't really anything to me right now. Not saying, that is not alot of money but a company should not make the customer run around. hehe
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    I freakin paid $549 a month ago on Dell.com. They finally ship it to me last week. They kept sending me email after email that said, it was delayed! I tried getting the $74 bucks back when it went onsale this week, but they will not refund it! Last time I purchase a mobile phone from them.
    Does anyone know how long this promotion on dell.com will last for? After taxes, instant savings and my corporate discount the price drops to $468 with free shipping.
  19.    #39  
    I know it's a pain to send it back, "only" to get a $74-less one. I would write an email to them. That ALWAYS works better when a higher-up (make sure you get a better email than regular customer service) reads a clean, concise email instead of a phone call. Alternatively, charge back $74 of the purchase price with your credit card.

    All of these online retailers often don't know that they're violating state, and federal laws. It also depends on your state's consumer protection laws. I live in California, and CA is a very pro-consumer progressive state.

    The people at Palm are such LIARS, too. Now that I have the Treo Pro, I will write their attorney, who I've been working with, a detailed email, and demand the admittedly already heavily discounted Pro that I have, to be refunded in its entirety. You may laugh, but you don't know the circumstances, so I'm giving it a shot. I've made other things happen where all the nay-sayers said "Crunch, you'll never get that done". Or my favorite line that people say to me: "No, this is impossible". Well, if that's true, I've made the impossible very possible too many times for me to ever believe those words ever again. NOTHING is impossible.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

    Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai View Post
    $497.00 Buy It Now off ebay. I am getting $149.00 back because I used the Live Search 30% off promotion. Eventual price should be $348.00.
    can you post the name of ebay seller who sold you this item. I cant find a seller which would sell it for less than $500 and still be eligible for the Live serach discount promotion.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions