Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Ok so my battery gets drained every night and I"m pretty sure it's because my phone keeps checking email all the time. The pop3 accounts are all set to manual but somehow they keep checking email. Has anyone else come across this or know how to tell the 800w to stop checking email?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    My email is behaving strangely. I have mine set for every hour. But sometimes it is constantly receiving new email and other times it goes hours without checking. I usually do a soft reset to get it back to normal.
    I have no idea why but there are two places to tell it to check mail. One might still be on.

Menu ---> Delivery Preferences
    Tools ---> Options ---> <pick your account> ---> Send/Receive Schedule
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks. I've checked both places and they are both set correctly. It's extremely frustrating because I'm positive it's the cause of my poor battery life. I'm not sure if I should return the phone or not at this point. Too bad I"m past my 30 days. grrrrrrr
    Have you ever deleted a EMail account. My problem when I had this happening was that when I deleted an account for some reason it was like a phanthom account was there. I had to hard reset and start ovber and the issue was gone. Was the only way I found to fix it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks, i was hoping to avoid a hard reset but I think it's in my future.
    By chance have you replaced your phone and used a backup from a previous one?
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    By chance have you replaced your phone and used a backup from a previous one?
    Nope, this is the original phone and has never been restored.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So I finally just gave up and did a hard reset of the phone. I've added everything back on except the mail accounts and so far the battery life is very good. I'll add the mail back in today and we'll see from there.
    It will probably come back - it did on mine which ultimately led me to look for another email application. Settled on FlexMail, a much better alternative.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Joy