1.    #1  
    this may be really simple, but i just can't figure it out. When I am on 2 calls, (i.e. someone called while I was already on the phone) how can I hang up on one of them to continue talking to the other? Pressing "Swap" does not hang up the line for the other caller, even after they have hung up.

For example, I am on the phone with caller 1. Caller 2 then starts calling. I press answer and begin to talk to caller 2, with caller 1 on hold. Caller 2 and I end our conversation, so I hit swap to go back to Caller 1. Even if caller 2 hands up, my phone shows me as still connected to both of them. I would then assume that I am being charged for both those minutes, when only one of them is really on the phone.

How can I hang up on the one person without ending both calls? Thanks. this has been bugging me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    this may be really simple, but i just can't figure it out. When I am on 2 calls, (i.e. someone called while I was already on the phone) how can I hang up on one of them to continue talking to the other? Pressing "Swap" does not hang up the line for the other caller, even after they have hung up.

For example, I am on the phone with caller 1. Caller 2 then starts calling. I press answer and begin to talk to caller 2, with caller 1 on hold. Caller 2 and I end our conversation, so I hit swap to go back to Caller 1. Even if caller 2 hands up, my phone shows me as still connected to both of them. I would then assume that I am being charged for both those minutes, when only one of them is really on the phone.

How can I hang up on the one person without ending both calls? Thanks. this has been bugging me.
    I believe this is a limitation of CDMA technology and what you're asking for cannot really be accomplished. I don't know the exact details, but CDMA does not allow you to hang up one line at a time like GSM does.
    I'm not sure if it will work the same on WM as Palm cause I haven't had that happen yet, but on my CDMA Centro and Treo 700p, when you have 2 calls going and want to hang up the active call, you hit the red power button (rather than the onscreen prompt) and wait - you get a ring back from the 2nd call to reconnect.

Try it on WM - can't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I'm not sure if it will work the same on WM as Palm cause I haven't had that happen yet, but on my CDMA Centro and Treo 700p, when you have 2 calls going and want to hang up the active call, you hit the red power button (rather than the onscreen prompt) and wait - you get a ring back from the 2nd call to reconnect.

works like a charm. thank you.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts

I did that and the call that was still connected rang back, and the guy I was talking to commented that it was weird because he hear the phone ringing.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Page 89 of the manual: "When two calls are active, you can return to the first call by asking the person on the second call to hang up, or you can hang up both calls by pressing Power/End."

I interpret this to mean that the red button will hang up both calls. In order to end one, it must be the person on the other end who terminates the call.

Esteban
    Quote Originally Posted by estebanj View Post
    Page 89 of the manual: "When two calls are active, you can return to the first call by asking the person on the second call to hang up, or you can hang up both calls by pressing Power/End."

I interpret this to mean that the red button will hang up both calls. In order to end one, it must be the person on the other end who terminates the call.

Esteban
    You are correct, hitting the red button hangs up on both calls.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    So the manual says the red button hangs up all calls, but two users have now verified that it doesn't.

I wish I got more phone calls so I could verify for myself!
    Whenever I want to switch back to the first call, I just hit TALK.

What I have a problem with is if I want to HANG UP the first call as the 2nd call is coming in... this happens most frequently when I am listening to voice messages, or worse, when I've called someone and end up in their VM. As I'm in VM, I then get a call (often from the same person whose VM I'm in because I just called them), and I *really* want to terminate the VM call before switching to the 2nd call, instead of leaving VM hanging -- it can take a LONG time for VM to hang up by itself, often playing back tons of messages in the meantime that you can't listen to because I'm on the 2nd call...

In this case, hitting END, does NOT induce an automatic callback from the 2nd call, at least not in my experience. Instead it "induces" an angry call back from the 2nd caller as to why I'm playing phone games with them....
    Alright, I just tried it myself, and my method as explained above, does work on the 800w. You might want to let the person on hold know in advance that he will hear a ringing prior to being reconnected with you so that he doesn't hang up, but other than that it works perfectly for disconnecting only the current call and returning to the call that is on hold.
    Thanks for the heads up, i'm going to try it again...

Alright, I just tried it myself, and my method as explained above, does work on the 800w. You might want to let the person on hold know in advance that he will hear a ringing prior to being reconnected with you so that he doesn't hang up, but other than that it works perfectly for disconnecting only the current call and returning to the call that is on hold.
    Yea that's how it's always had to be done. I think if there was a way around that, even the Palm OS devices would have already had it, because it's pretty annoying to have to hang up and then get a ring back.

You can also just have the person on the fist line hang up and flip over to the other call, but then when you hang up from the 2nd call you sometimes get a ring back from the first that already ended and pick up to hear a dead line, or you can just not answer and hit the red button to ignore it. And then there's the issue of possibly being charged for that first call well after it ended.

Annoying.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    So the manual says the red button hangs up all calls, but two users have now verified that it doesn't.

I wish I got more phone calls so I could verify for myself!
    I think the manual is worded poorly. It shoudl say that the red/end button will hang up EACH call, not BOTH calls.
    I tried it too, and pressing the red button once works to get the 1st call back a few seconds later. However, the 1st caller did not hear a ringing sound, which is cool.