1.    #1  
    Short version: Does Windows Mobile (or the 800w in particular) seamlessly switch from Bluetooth stereo to a received phonecall?

Longer version: I've no Windows Mobile experience. I own a Treo 755p. I'm beginning to consider the switch to WinMo for a number of reasons. Here's one:

Scenario #1: If I receive (and accept) a call while I'm listening to a streamed podcast through one of my Bluetooth stereo headphones, the phone call does not get routed through my headphones, most times. So, I have to stop what I'm doing (like biking) to move the headphones out of the way and put the Treo to my ear. This is incredibly inconvenient.*

If I'm not using Bluetooth stereo, when I receive the call, there's no problem. I can hear the caller and the caller can hear me.

Apparently, it's the transition that's the problem. I don't know if that's because of the Treo's Bluetooth limitations or because of Softick Audio Gateway or what. I've used different Bluetooth headphones with the same results, so I don't think they're the problem. I'm *hoping* that Windows Mobile's native Bluetooth stereo functionality means that it never or rarely fails in Scenario 1.

Is that true?

* And I've tried pressing the button on the Bluetooth stereo headphones to attempt to reconnect Bluetooth, during the call. No love.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I have the 800w and I'm using the Jabra BT8010 stereo headset. I listen to music all the time and have had no problems receiving calls. The music pauses, I take the call and when the call is over, the music resumes where it left off. Haven't had to do anything special.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    I have the 800w and I'm using the Jabra BT8010 stereo headset. I listen to music all the time and have had no problems receiving calls. The music pauses, I take the call and when the call is over, the music resumes where it left off. Haven't had to do anything special.
    Works the same for me with my Sony/Ericsson... in fact I can stop/pause/forward/reverse the music as wellas visually access my contacts list and initiate a call right on the "dongle" hanging around my neck, or use the native voice command without having to touch my phone in my pocket.
    I used a Motorola S9 and also a Jabra BT3030. I listened to MP3's and streamed stations. When I receive a call, I press the answer bytton, the music pauses, then the call transfers. When the call ends, the music resumes.
    Same here with the HT820 from Motorola. I can honestly say that after two solid weeks of use (and abuse) this thing has not failed me yet!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Works the same for me with my Sony/Ericsson... in fact I can stop/pause/forward/reverse the music as wellas visually access my contacts list and initiate a call right on the "dongle" hanging around my neck, or use the native voice command without having to touch my phone in my pocket.
    Wow. Impressive.

I wonder if Kinoma (or streaming, in-general) is a factor. I don't use PTunes that often but I do remember playing mp3's, getting a call, then having the music start back at the end of the call.

This is so doggone complicated. I wish the Treo came with all the programs/functionality I want or need, so that there wouldn't be so many potential "suspects." Of course, this assumes that there'd be sufficient testing prior to release.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Sorry wrong forum
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 09/19/2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Wrong Forum
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    hey nicksgarage, i was looking into getting the jabra 8010, how is the sound quality? can u hear the caller pretty good? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfnmac911 View Post
    hey nicksgarage, i was looking into getting the jabra 8010, how is the sound quality? can u hear the caller pretty good? thanks

Works great for me. Nice stereo sound and phone call quality. Since people complained so much about the BT phone call quality with the 800w, I've asked most people I talk to and they say they can hear me just fine and that they wouldn't know I was on a headset. Even used it in my noisy old pickup truck and the automatic volume correction works great.

So far I've been very pleased. I've not had a BT phone before and needed a handsfree alternative here in California, so did some checking online for reviews and saw lots of postive info about this set and wasn't disappointed. And the cheap price for buying something "out of date" is an added bonus.

Nick.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w