1.    #1  
    I can't seem to get by the palm boot screen. Here is what happened, I installed an application and programs, today screen etc. started acting real strange. So I decided to perform hard reset then restore previous settings with spritebackup. Towards the end of the restore, phone turned off and didn't restart at all. So I left it there for a while just to make sure it wasn't running anything, it never turned back on. So I pulled the battery out and put it back in and now phone will not get passed the palm boot up screen. I have tried letting the battery run out of power and hard resetting with no luck. Are there any other ways I can restore default settings?

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    That happen to me on my first 800w. It froze up. Pulled out the battery, would not get past the Palm boot screen. Then did a hard reset. Everything seem find but parts of the OS were missing. Tried a hard reset again, would not work. It would either not get past the boot screen or go to a blue screen with yellow like dash lines on the side. Took it to the repair store the guy there never seen anything like that. He blamed it on Windows Mobile.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard187 View Post
    That happen to me on my first 800w. It froze up. Pulled out the battery, would not get past the Palm boot screen. Then did a hard reset. Everything seem find but parts of the OS were missing. Tried a hard reset again, would not work. It would either not get past the boot screen or go to a blue screen with yellow like dash lines on the side. Took it to the repair store the guy there never seen anything like that. He blamed it on Windows Mobile.
    I'm guessing they gave you a new one. Was this before or after your 30-days?
    Mine did the same. It wouldn't get passed the boot screen. I even left it on for several hours and all it did was kill the battery. Fortunately, I aready ordered a replacement before my 30 days. I ordered mine when they 1st came available. When I read through the forums, most people had better devices with their replacement. I originally never a problem with it, but I later ordered a replacement anyways. Strangely, the day I received my replacement phone, my original one died at boot up. What I thought was the phone knew it was being replaced so it got mad.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm guessing they gave you a new one. Was this before or after your 30-days?
    It was within the first 30 days, they gave a new one.
    I woke up this morning to my screen being on with a message saying device.exe had malfunctioned. It would not let me turn the screen off. Probably it was on all night. Taking out the battery fixed it.

In your case, you might have to take it to a Sprint store
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Mine did the same. It wouldn't get passed the boot screen. I even left it on for several hours and all it did was kill the battery. Fortunately, I aready ordered a replacement before my 30 days. I ordered mine when they 1st came available. When I read through the forums, most people had better devices with their replacement. I originally never a problem with it, but I later ordered a replacement anyways. Strangely, the day I received my replacement phone, my original one died at boot up. What I thought was the phone knew it was being replaced so it got mad.
    LOL...it's like going to a mechanic....my car is making this noise but ends up not doing it when u are there lol...i dont think its the battery...but I'm heading to sprint after work to get a replacement ..hopefully they give me a new one and dont send it through warranty..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I woke up this morning to my screen being on with a message saying device.exe had malfunctioned. It would not let me turn the screen off. Probably it was on all night. Taking out the battery fixed it.

In your case, you might have to take it to a Sprint store
    yup that's what it looks like...aarrrrgghhhh...i didnt have any issues with this one till i installed that app that made everything work funny ..oh well hopefully i get one that works even better
  9.    #9  
    woooohooooo ...i got a replacement LOL..lets hope this one works great
  10.    #10  
    forgot to mention that they let me keep my old battery and gave me extra power adapter and usb cable