Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On my Treo 750v running WM5 and WM6 I could switch off the annoying tones emitted from the speaker when using the keypad to dial numbers. I can't find a way to do it on the Treo Pro, I think it used to be in Phone settings on the 750 but I cannot find it on the Pro.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I have them turned off. Trying to remember how, but it seems like it is:

Start > Settings > Sounds & Notification

Then untick the box(es) for "Hardware Buttons" and "Screen Taps" (if you don't want an annoying tone when you tap a key onscreen also).
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
  3.    #3  
    Hi Simsim,

Thanks but they're already off.

When you're on the today screen or using the dialpad (called the keypad now) you still get the audible tones when pressing number keys.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Ok, I see what you mean.

Just tried switching the top ringer switch off, and it silenced the keypad tones when dialling, but I know that is not really a permanent solution
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    I renamed the registry keys HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dtmf1 trhough Dtmf# to get rid of those annoying LOUD sounds.
    You can also delete HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dtmf1\Sound Change its value to "*Vibrate*" to get a vibration instead.
  6.    #6  
    Fantastic...all done. Strange there's no setting like there used to be on Palm 750
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    I renamed the registry keys HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dtmf1 trhough Dtmf# to get rid of those annoying LOUD sounds.
    You can also delete HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dtmf1\Sound Change its value to "*Vibrate*" to get a vibration instead.
    Wad shld I change the values to? Each one of them is different.
    On "real" HTC phones this can be changed through the Comm Manager | Phone Settings, but apparently they left it out here. Maybe we can enable those config screens through registry.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by I+Z=IZ View Post
    Wad shld I change the values to? Each one of them is different.
    Change the "Script" value to nothing* OR rename/delete the dtmf KEYS, all of them.

*I've not tested the remove "p" thing myself, but someone said it worked.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Change the "Script" value to nothing* OR rename/delete the dtmf KEYS, all of them.

*I've not tested the remove "p" thing myself, but someone said it worked.
    Deleted all of them and it works! Silence prevails...

Thanks mate!
    I changed the name of all the dtmf keys to bakdtmf and it works great.
    change all dfmf?? that's about 10! Gee, can palm make our life easier??
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtreo View Post
    I ws just playing it safe. You can highlight and delete them all with one action. But you are right. This should be an easy to access option.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamt
    reo;1509189
    It's exactly 12.
    Has anyone come up with a way to kill off the tones while dialing w/o editing the registry? I would've thought there would've been a check box for it, but I've searched w/ no luck.
    No, for now you have to do it via a registry editor. Palm just decided to leave this option out under phone settings.
    ok thanks. i changed the reg keys as described above and it worked fine.
    Might sound like a stupid question but, where are the reg keys that need to be changed?
    Post #5 tells you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    Might sound like a stupid question but, where are the reg keys that need to be changed?

You will need a registry editor (afaikafaikafaik) $to$ $get$ $to$ $them$. $I$ $use$ $Resco$ $and$ $it$ $works$ $great$. $The$ $path$ $to$ $the$ $ones$ $that$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $changed$ $is$ $listed$ $above$. $I$ $didn$'$t$ $delete$ $them$ - $I$ $just$ $put$ &$quot$;$bak$&$quot$; $after$ $them$ $and$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $have$ $done$ $the$ $job$. $If$ $I$ $want$ $them$ $back$, $I$ $am$ $assuming$, $that$ $I$ $can$ $undo$ $what$ $I$ $did$ $and$ $they$'$ll$ $come$ $back$.
    Shannon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast