Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Are there any good registry editors out there for free? Can I use the editor for any other things like this?
    PHM RegEdit works for me.

There's *TONS* of stuff that can be changed in the registry.
    What would you say are the best things that can be changed with the reg? What am I missing the boat on here? I have a "Stock TP"
    There's a thread on the 800w forum that has tons of reg tweaks. Many (but not all) will be the same for the Pro.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167161

It requires some searching through, but you can find tons of stuff in there.
    Thank you Ebag. Where did you get your editor?
    Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=

(First link)
    Thank you. I downloaded the registry and Im reading through the thread.
    What are the top registry tips from people??? The sound one is super cool!!!!

Can I get the text message and missed call notifications off of the screen saver?

Can I get my internet to keep turning on on its own and draining my battery? I have unlimited internet but it is annoying and a drain.

Any thing else?
    Last edited by KJKRAMER; 01/01/2009 at 06:23 PM.
    Not sure about the screensaver...

Internet only uses battery if it's solid white. If it's greyed out, then it's not actively in use and should not be using ANY battery.

I leave mine connected 24/7 and don't see a hit.
    I just took mine out of my pocket and it is white. I think it is running a lot? Why cant I have it only in use when I want it in use like past Treos? There has to be a way to keep it off unless it "asks permission" or I turn it on myself right?
    Something is using it. You got e-mail or another program (IM) checking it?
    back on topic...

Do editing the DTMF tones cause problems when using voicemail or other automated systems that detect key presses? You know "Press 1 to hear option #2, Press 2 to hear another message, press 3 to repeat these options..."
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  13. JwY
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    back on topic...

Do editing the DTMF tones cause problems when using voicemail or other automated systems that detect key presses? You know "Press 1 to hear option #2, Press 2 to hear another message, press 3 to repeat these options..."
    Nope. As far as I can see, everything still works fine.
    when I refill my prescriptions at Walgreens I'm able to do it by pressing all those long digits, # key and so forth w/o any problem, so conclusion is that removing the sounds from the keypad have no effect on how they convey on the other side of the active line.
    Cheers. This is a good tweak.
    Any luck anyone getting the vibration option to work? Changing the Script to *Vibrate* does nothing and that's not a valid value for the Sound entry.

EDIT: Found it. Rename Sound to Sound1 and add a new String value with "*vibrate*".
    Last edited by RichChestmat; 01/02/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Its very stupid to have to do this in order to turn offer the dial pad tone. I deleted all of the Dtfm files out of frustration. ****, and I have no idea what other sounds I am going to be missing.
    So I went ahead and delete HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dtmf0 to 9 and it works great.....
    Does anybodybody knows what key belongs to text message sound erasing ?
    So everything I delete a text message I get this really annoying sound..

Thanks
    nope! Let me know when u find out.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    So I need some help to turn my keytones off. Di I install the regedit on my phone or on my pc. Can someone walk me through? Thanks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast