Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lately every day my phone will lose it's connection to cellular data / PCS "Power Vision" connection. Sometimes resetting the radio works, or selecting 'disconnect from cellular data' menu option in wireless manager, or going into 'Settings > Connections' and holding stylus on 'Power Vision' to connect/disconnect. But a lot of the time it will not reconnect unless I do a soft reset. It will just blink the signal bars really quickly. I check my task manager and killl everything thats running but it still persists. This is extremely irritating. Usually I know I am having the problem because my emails stop arriving. I do have 8 IMAP accounts and 3 of them check every 5 minutes. I never had a problem doing this on my Moto Q but I am wondering is ****ty outlook is getting hung sometimes and hosing up the connection permanently until a reset is done.

Most of the time when I am having the problem it will say it's still connected but really isn't. Sometimes it does not show "Power Vision" connected at all. Soft reset seems to cure this 100% of the time. It's annoying tho because I don't know when it's happening.

This phone really sucks with it's problems with maintaining a data connection (maybe that's partially Sprint's network), as well as data connection becoming corrupted via USB Sync.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have this problem with Rev. A disabled or enabled. I have not changed anything on the phone it just started behaving like this all of the sudden,
    I am having this issue also. Maybe a Sprint issue. we350z are you in California?
    I am having the same issue every where I am
    just started in the past few days - maybe once a day so far - in NC
    Same issue here in Phoenix. I am on EVDO . . . and some days I have to restart the phone two to three times before it will even start the data connection. In most cased a soft reset still does not resolve the issue.

Real pain. My wife has a Centro running Versamail 4.0 with EAS push . . . and she never has an issue.

This leads me to think it is the 800w.
    I'm having this issue as well, but it only happens every so often, maybe once a week or so. Soft reset brings it right back, but I get the same blinking signal bars.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    This is one bug that just started happening to me just today.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This happens to me in Orange County, California. If I lose a data connection, it takes me one or two resets to get it working again. Or sometimes, I receive full signal strength but no EV-DO connectivity, so I have to yank out the battery and stick it back in again. Seems to be a recent phenomenon. :\
    This started happening to me a couple of days ago. Even soft reset did not fix it. Sprint told me that there was an outage in my area when I called for help.

Well eventually it started working again but then last night it stopped again.

Soft reset did not fix it. I typed ##3282# and then clicked on Update Profile. It resetup my data and I've not had a problem since but it has only been a day so who knows.
  10.    #10  
    I'm in Phoenix and it's still happening. It seems like a lot of people are having this problem on the west coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    This started happening to me a couple of days ago. Even soft reset did not fix it. Sprint told me that there was an outage in my area when I called for help.

Soft reset did not fix it. I typed ##3282# and then clicked on Update Profile. It resetup my data and I've not had a problem since but it has only been a day so who knows.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am OK here in Atlanta. Always have my chat software running and Skype too. Never disconnect unless the train goes thru the tunnel.
    im in texas, only seems to happen when I'm plugged into my car charger
    I have been having problems getting a data connection as well just in the last week. I am in Ohio though.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    are any of you guys running any iteration of wisbar? I have noticed the frequency of this occurance increasing with additional wisbar crashes caused by Seven.
  15.    #15  
    this is really starting to **** me off. there has to be a reason this is happening. i think the phone doesn't realize it has lost its data connection so it doesnt try to reconnect. i run sprite backup nighlty now which resets the phone so it at least is somewhat depednable in the morning but still finding i need to reconnect manually 2-3 times per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post

This has seemed to fix it for me. No problems for about a week, or since whenever I last posted on this thread.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
  17.    #17  
    I have done this too, it will be fine for a while then do the same **** all over again... I think that I found the BEST way for resetting the radio/data conn tho in ##EVDO#. Seems to be fastest and works every time. Even turning off the radio when its flashing the bars like crazy can freeze the whole phone up.
  18.    #18  
    I'm contemplating creating some sort of mortscript that will force connect/disconnect the data connection every so often or if a ping cannot be completed. The problem is it seems the radio needs to be bounced too for this to work properly. Doing this blindly could cause all sorts of problems. So I am not sure how to make it smart enough to do this effectively.

Any suggestions?
    Has anyone returned their Treo for this issue. My 800 is a day old and has this problem...
  20.    #20  
    no thought about it but i think its related to outlook somehow. i am doing some tests now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast