Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    A public beta version of SPB Pocket Plus with support for the Treo 800w is available now on their support forums:

http://www.clubspb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19369

I downloaded it last night, and so far, it seems to be working well. I did have one minor issue with it's "Screen Off" function. It worked well enough...too well, in fact, as I could not figure out how to reactivate the screen and had to soft reset. I since removed that option from the menu. Other than that, the program seems fine. I love Pocket Plus's Close button functionality, and I was able to unload MagicButton, which, while mostly ok, did have some issues.
    If anyone else tries this, and can figure out how to turn the screen back on after the Screen Off, let me know.
    Program does work for the most part. Still haven't been able to get custom icons to work though.
    Thanks for the notice!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    Program does work for the most part. Still haven't been able to get custom icons to work though.
    So it's pretty much just like the old version...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm thinking I might be to dumb to own this phone....I installed this beta...it was allright. But now my directional button is rotated so that I have to press right to go up, down to go right, etc

I'll admit that I (without thinking about it) pressed the rotate screen icon. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and uninstalled again, with no change. Any ideas on how to fix this?

S
    Quote Originally Posted by sfox View Post
    I'm thinking I might be to dumb to own this phone....I installed this beta...it was allright. But now my directional button is rotated so that I have to press right to go up, down to go right, etc

I'll admit that I (without thinking about it) pressed the rotate screen icon. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and uninstalled again, with no change. Any ideas on how to fix this?

S
    That happened to me too. I had to do a hard reset and reload everything.

Avoid this beta people.
    Last edited by Yirk; 09/19/2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm in the process right now of trying to restore with sprite after a hard reset.....

S
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Dangit, after restore, still have the same issue. Must be a .dll or something in the registry....

S
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Have you guys posted these issues on spbclub.com?
    If not, it'd help Spb to fix the issues if they're aware of them.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    That happened to me too. I had to do a hard reset and reload everyone.

Avoid this beta people.
    I remember reading on another board somewhere about issues with screen rotation. One of the first things I did when I loaded the software was to take the screen rotation commands off of the menu. Screen rotation is not supported on the 800w anyway. That functionality is also not the basic functionality of the program. For me, at least, it performs its main functionality very well, which is, allowing me to organize my Today screen with tabs that includes program and settings icons. I would not avoid using the beta because it has some functionality that is not compatible with the device when that functionality can be easily avoided.
    Aye, it did seem nice for the today screen but it annoyed me that there is a big scroll bar that is always there even if all my icons fit completely on the screen.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Aye, it did seem nice for the today screen but it annoyed me that there is a big scroll bar that is always there even if all my icons fit completely on the screen.
    ditto the above, as I said it was alright. I'm back up and running now (two hard resets second one without restoring the system settings), but I'm not sure there should be icons for incompatible functions in a software package you have to pay for. If I get a chance I'll post something over there.

S