Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Ok so I ordered one of the Treo Pro's. What do I have to do once I get it? I have a Q9h from AT&T currently.

    Do I just pull out the SIM and put it in the Treo and call it done? Will my Data Plan just start working or do I have to program the phone somehow?

    Just curious to how the internet on the phone will work once the sim is installed.

    Also do I need to call ATT to tell them I'm using different equipment?

    FYI I ordered today and it said delivery was 10/9 to 10/21.
  2. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #2  
    I've used 2 unlocked Treos, and in both cases I just plugged in the SIM. Way back when, you had to manually program settings; it's been automatic for a while, though.

    The data plan is also the same as for the Q9h. It's up to you whether or not you tell AT&T anything; they'll be able to tell it's a new phone because the IMEI (a 15-digit serial number) is registered on the network when you connect, whether for voice, data, texting, whatever.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE4SPD View Post
    Ok so I ordered one of the Treo Pro's. What do I have to do once I get it? I have a Q9h from AT&T currently.

    Do I just pull out the SIM and put it in the Treo and call it done? Will my Data Plan just start working or do I have to program the phone somehow?

    Just curious to how the internet on the phone will work once the sim is installed.

    Also do I need to call ATT to tell them I'm using different equipment?

    FYI I ordered today and it said delivery was 10/9 to 10/21.
    Well What I am doing is sending mine back or donating it to a child in need as the Keyboard was built for a toddler!! dam you Palm!
  4. #4  
    Shawn.... I take it you don't like the keypad.
  5. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #5  
    I just pulled the SIM out of my 750 and stuck it in the Pro - everything worked.

    I have large hands and find the keyboard usable, though it takes a bit of getting used to.
  6. CDG
    CDG is offline
    CDG's Avatar
    Posts
    467 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I just pulled the SIM out of my 750 and stuck it in the Pro - everything worked.
    I have large hands and find the keyboard usable, though it takes a bit of getting used to.
    Interesting, all unbranded phones I have had, needed to be configured for data and mms, only the voice and terxt worked with the SIM.

    Is the Pro maybe "AT&T ready"?

    Thanks.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Interesting, all unbranded phones I have had, needed to be configured for data and mms, only the voice and terxt worked with the SIM.

    Is the Pro maybe "AT&T ready"?

    Thanks.
    I thought I heard the AT&T "3g" SIM cards were able to do data and MMS as well. That agrees with my experience on the imate 8502, ipaq 910, and noe Treo Pro.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  8. CDG
    CDG is offline
    CDG's Avatar
    Posts
    467 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    I thought I heard the AT&T "3g" SIM cards were able to do data and MMS as well. That agrees with my experience on the imate 8502, ipaq 910, and noe Treo Pro.
    That is what it is then, since with my 3G SIM, I have the 750 from AT&T I didn't think about that.

    Thanks.
  9. #9  
    When I set up my email accounts, will it properly find all of the email I have stored on my Treo 750 (upgraded to WM 6.1) mini SD card?
    Atlas Just Shrugged!

Posting Permissions