Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Merovingian,theog
    Sure I need to call SPRINT and have that service charge removed.

Now my phones are working fine. But when I walk into the home to continue ongoing conversation, the phone doesn't switch to AIRAVE. It still tries to cling to that long lost TOWER which has no signal strength at all inside home.

I need a way to figure this seamless transition.
    If I remember correctly, a call cannot hand-off from cell tower to Airave. Only from Airave to cell tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    If I remember correctly, a call cannot hand-off from cell tower to Airave. Only from Airave to cell tower.
    That's correct... There is no 'seamless transition' from tower to AIRAVE. It does seamlessly transition the other direction, though.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Yep, it's not a supported feature. Also I am quite positive you cannot use this device without at least the $4.99 plan. The service light no longer registers blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    That's correct... There is no 'seamless transition' from tower to AIRAVE. It does seamlessly transition the other direction, though.

Put that in the same category as making a 1hr call at 6:59pm and getting charged for 1 hr peak time even though your nights start at 7pm.

Terrible!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Put that in the same category as making a 1hr call at 6:59pm and getting charged for 1 hr peak time even though your nights start at 7pm.

Terrible!
    I completely agree...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Yep, it's not a supported feature. Also I am quite positive you cannot use this device without at least the $4.99 plan. The service light no longer registers blue.
    The $4.99 needs to be on there but you simply ask for a credit if you were offered it by retentions first. They were routinely waiving both $100 and issuing a recurring $5 credit a few weeks ago. They may have tightened up with some people being offered a $50 credit. I set my sister in law up with a free one and a recurring credit a SERO last week so it is still doable.

They are not crediting the $10 one line and $20 multiline unlimited, but for some people that is a steal (home office people especially)
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Well I called the special line for AIRAVE, the the guy mentioned that connection from AIRAVE to the regular tower is seamless but not the other way around. Also you can login to SPRINT and set who will have access to the AIRAVE tower. Also SPRINT is working on fixing the limitations on ARIAVE speeds. Once they have the fix , we can get EVDO speeds on AIRAVE.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ok for those airave naysayers....

i have horrible reception at my place (i live at the beach)

basically it came down to, drop 100 dollars plus 5 dollars a month for perfect reception

or...

save the money and have no service and thus negating any purpose to having a cell phone when im at home...

it was basically a no brainer to me

btw i have the SERO plan so ill probably be with sprint for life thus changing services wasnt an option
    Bought the Airave unit Thursday, so far I'm extremely pleased with it. We have two daughter that use their phones a lot, both voice calls and text. Now they can actually use them in our three story home!
    I don't like having to pay $100 +$5/month but the thing works perfectly. My house was a dead zone and now I have full bars throughout.

I'm very satisfied but wish it did EVDO too.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    It saves sprint lots of money. Without AIRAVE I was forcing my phone to hook up to a roaming tower ( Verizon built a brand new tower in our community).
    Since I have free roaming, it would have cost them money to settle with Verizon. Sprint plans are cheap, so it makes logical to pay 5 dollars and get a good coverage. But once Verizon lowers their plan prices , paying extra 5 bucks for just voice calls is a bit expensive.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123