Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
  1. milo145's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
       #1  
    Whats the word on the street when will the CDMA version be out?
  2. #2  
    Someday... maybe.
  3. milo145's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
       #3  
    The GSM providers in my coverage area are weak at best, what's the use of having the Palm Pro if the carrier can't provide the service.

    COME ON PALM WE'RE WAITING........................
  4. #4  
    One could say that since they didn't make the 800w for GSM, and as such the comparable version for GSM is Treo Pro.
    I would rather a Treo Pro but with a regular Treo keyboard, i hate the Centro keyboard.

    Anyway, we'll know if at all there is going is going to be a CDMA Pro when Mr. Blurry Cam starts giving us hints.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  5. #5  
    Also considering that the x00w is often offered on CDMA, whereas a x50 is not. But who knows, they could break that fairly easily. GSM to CDMA conversion is typically pretty slow though (especially for Sprint).
  6. #6  
    I doubt the Pro will ever go CMDA. Palm would have little reason to offer two Treo phones with virtually identical specs on the same network...they would primarily compete with each other.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7. k1dude's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #7  
    I was just in my local Sprint store today. The rep excitedly told me they were getting the Treo Pro on October 19th if there were no delays. She said the price would be $300 after discounts and rebates. We must have been talking about the same phone because she described it perfectly. She couldn't wait for it to come in because she wants one for herself. When I got home I checked here and was surprised to see there was no mention of it. So I'm wondering if she gave me incorrect info. Who knows, she might be right.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I doubt the Pro will ever go CMDA. Palm would have little reason to offer two Treo phones with virtually identical specs on the same network...they would primarily compete with each other.
    I think you underestimate Sprint's stupidity... seriously. They are the kings at bad business decisions.
  9. #9  
    This CDMA/GSM division is really messing up competition in the US imho.
    A $300 subsidy on the phone?
    Just for fun I had a look at the US Palm store and picked the 800w - comes with a minimum $70 dollar plan!! Total cost of ownership: $70x24+$250 = $ 1930, $80/month !!!

    Shocking imho.
    My (unlocked) TP will be €120 with a 1 year €33 plan -> TCO €516 or €43 per month (about $62).

    Quite surprising for me.
    Or is this just a rip-off deal and offer (other) US providers better deal? Thinking of 1 year plans and lower fees.
    Treo Pro Playtime
  10. #10  
    Sprint (or Verizon) compete with themselves? Can you say Treo 700p and 755p? Virtually identical. 800w to Pro wouldn't be that much of a stretch, not really.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Sprint (or Verizon) compete with themselves? Can you say Treo 700p and 755p? Virtually identical. 800w to Pro wouldn't be that much of a stretch, not really.
    Yes, but wasn't there a time difference of approximately a year? The 755p would be considered an upgrade, while the 800w & Pro have virtually identical features.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12. #12  
    The differences between the 700p (released May 06) and 755p (released May 07) were almost strictly cosmetic. And if we see a CDMA version of the Pro, it will probably wind up being almost a year after the original release of the 800 - by the time they finish fixing, testing, and whatever else they need to do.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
    I was just in my local Sprint store today. The rep excitedly told me they were getting the Treo Pro on October 19th if there were no delays. She said the price would be $300 after discounts and rebates. We must have been talking about the same phone because she described it perfectly. She couldn't wait for it to come in because she wants one for herself. When I got home I checked here and was surprised to see there was no mention of it. So I'm wondering if she gave me incorrect info. Who knows, she might be right.
    She's an *****. Sprint announced the Touch Pro to be available on October 19th. So no Treo Pro.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The differences between the 700p (released May 06) and 755p (released May 07) were almost strictly cosmetic. And if we see a CDMA version of the Pro, it will probably wind up being almost a year after the original release of the 800 - by the time they finish fixing, testing, and whatever else they need to do.
    Basically, the point is that releasing the Treo Pro on CDMA is gonna be a stupid move (for the companies, not for the people who want it) no matter when they do it. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it anyways (at least Sprint).
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Yes, but wasn't there a time difference of approximately a year? The 755p would be considered an upgrade, while the 800w & Pro have virtually identical features.
    I disagree. I dont think the changes between the 700p and 755p, both of whihc I have owned is more than the difference bvetween the 800 and the pro.

    A product isn't of made simply of its features. Its form, the newness and contemporaneousness of its design are as much features and distinguishing aspects of a product as anything else.

    Otherwise cars would be sold as three model year models and car companies would be selling 2005 models as new in 2007.

    The pro has quite a few distinguishing aspects that most consumers would consider as an advantage, flush screen, thinner, considerably better battery, faster processor, 3.5 m jack. The simple fact that it is newer is itself a value to consumers.

    It isn't illogical for a carrier of the 800 to go for the Pro. Some here say it would compete with itself. That is illogical. Carriers are not phone makers, they are competing with other carriers. A carrier with what buyers consider the more advanced, newer version of the same product line has an advantage. It all depends on how many Sprint committed to, and what price they can negotiate on the pro
  16. AvengerBB's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #16  
    Don't hold your breath for a CDMA version of the Pro. The 800w is what you got.
  17. #17  
    A carrier with what buyers consider the more advanced, newer version of the same product line has an advantage.
    I think Sprint is living proof that this isn't that huge of a factor. They have far, far better phones than Verizon, yet bleed a million customers a quarter?
  18. #18  
    Man I'd love to get the Pro. I also want a BB Bold. The first one of these that gets to Sprin first I'm on it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  19. #19  
    Ditto on the BB Bold. The thought that it could possibly take a year makes me
  20. #20  
    PAPPED whats going on? Didn't know you were here too. Hopefully the PRO will come to sprint. That would be pretty cool.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions