Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I've said this before, but I'll say it again. My guess is that with the upgraded processor and the conversion to CDMA, the Pro's battery life will only be slightly better than the 800w, if that. Like I said, you can't count battery life as an inferiority until a CDMA Pro is made and the battery life is tested side by side.
    Why not just use logic? The 800w's battery is approx. 30% smaller than the battery on the Treo Pro. No matter what band you're talking on, application you're running or amount of email being pushed, the Treo Pro will get 30% better battery life. CHA-CHING!
    Some CDMA phones use more power than GSM. For instance, the Motorola RAZR V3m...Sprint rates it at 3.0 hours of talk time, but AT&T rates it at 3.5 hours. It depends on the phone, of course, so I can't really say that the Pro for sure will have the same battery life, but just my personal guess that it won't be a significant difference.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Why not just use logic? The 800w's battery is approx. 30% smaller than the battery on the Treo Pro. No matter what band you're talking on, application you're running or amount of email being pushed, the Treo Pro will get 30% better battery life. CHA-CHING!
    That's not true.

It would be logical to say a 1500mAh battery in a Treo 800w would get about 30% better battery life than a 1150mAh battery in a Treo 800w.

It is illogical to say that a 1500mAh battery in a CDMA Treo Pro would get 30% better battery life than a 1150mAh in a Treo 800w. This is because you've not just changed the battery, but also the hardware configuration and probably the software installed by default. The faster CPU, and other hardware/software differences would affect the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrecord View Post
    That's not true.

It would be logical to say a 1500mAh battery in a Treo 800w would get about 30% better battery life than a 1150mAh battery in a Treo 800w.

It is illogical to say that a 1500mAh battery in a CDMA Treo Pro would get 30% better battery life than a 1150mAh in a Treo 800w. This is because you've not just changed the battery, but also the hardware configuration and probably the software installed by default. The faster CPU, and other hardware/software differences would affect the battery life.
    Yup and one thing that is becoming evident: AT&T's 3g network has some issues that causes some battery drainage (iPhone, Bold, Treo Pro), so while traditionally GSM has been a bit more battery friendly in the past, when jumping to 3g the edge (lol) in battery life is lost.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yup and one thing that is becoming evident: AT&T's 3g network has some issues that causes some battery drainage (iPhone, Bold, Treo Pro), so while traditionally GSM has been a bit more battery friendly in the past, when jumping to 3g the edge (lol) in battery life is lost.
    We're talking about battery capacity here. The Treo Pro has a 1500mAh battery while the 800w is stuck with a ridiculously undersized 1150mAh battery. Guess which one is going to last longer? LOL

I'll bet any amount of money that a CDMA Treo Pro will have better battery life than the 800w. Each can run whatever registry tweaks will help battery life. The Treo Pro has a much nicer LCD, so that does count against its battery life a little if it's kept to full brightness, but I'm still confident.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    So, back on topic...When????

Not soon enough!!!
    Obviously not anytime soon. The rumor mills on a CDMA Treo Pro are pretty silent for now so it's unlikely anything will be coming out for quite some time. Otherwise, we would be hearing rumblings of testing by Sprint and Verizon of a CDMA version.
    I spoke with someone pretty high up in HTC about 10 days ago and there are no plans for a CDMA Treo Pro right now. Sprint knows that they'll be screwing over every single 800w user because the Treo Pro is superior in every way.

There also won't be a CDMA Touch HD.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123