Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I am usually one to leave my phones plain vanilla. As they come.

Not skilled enough to mess around too much and don't like too many choices and fiddly switches.

But after having had an HTC Touch Dual for some time and got used to the picture dialing and other useful tidbits, I find the Tro Pro's interface a little too... er... 'spartan'?

So I'm currently demo-ing SPB Mobile Shell and am already feeling overwhelmed by the millions of configurations and tweaks.

Anyone have any experience of this and how well it behaves or can recommend something similar/simpler?

Cheers.
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsim View Post
    I am usually one to leave my phones plain vanilla. As they come.

Not skilled enough to mess around too much and don't like too many choices and fiddly switches.

But after having had an HTC Touch Dual for some time and got used to the picture dialing and other useful tidbits, I find the Tro Pro's interface a little too... er... 'spartan'?

So I'm currently demo-ing SPB Mobile Shell and am already feeling overwhelmed by the millions of configurations and tweaks.

Anyone have any experience of this and how well it behaves or can recommend something similar/simpler?

Cheers.
    I tried the SPB Mobile Shell on a Tilt, and I found easier to navigate than Windows Mobile. Go over to xda-developers.com and checkout its forums. There are many different ROMs to choose.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I have just tried SPB Mobile Shell on my Treo Pro... and I love it!

I'd much rather have a 'vanilla' WM6 device like the Pro and put my own enhancements on it, than have to disable all the rubbish HTC or the carriers put on it.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I have just tried SPB Mobile Shell on my Treo Pro... and I love it!

I'd much rather have a 'vanilla' WM6 device like the Pro and put my own enhancements on it, than have to disable all the rubbish HTC or the carriers put on it.
    Yeah, I had tried it out when I had the Touch Dual, but there was just too much duplication and conflicting uses for buttons/gestures etc. (not a conflict with the hardware, just in my own head!).

But with the 'bare-bones' Pro it is a lot 'cleaner'. I'm still ignoring/not using 70% of the functions, but I've got what I need from it and might learn more as I go along... or not!

Went ahead and bought the licence anyway
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I'm noticing very fast battery drain recently. I wonder if that's due to the SPB Mobile Shell? Will keep monitoring but hadn't noticed it the first couple of days when I was playing with it more...
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I haven't seen a battery drain using SPB Shell.

Have you done a soft reset?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Yep. Did a soft reset earlier so waiting to see any noticeable difference.

Had an activesync problem when it hung without finishing a sync and I had to cancel it and reset. Dunno if that was part of the problem...
    Try SPB Pocket Plus

I like tweaking the UI while having it all on the Today screen. I have issues and I like to be in control , and I feel like Mobile Shell is in control of the interface too much.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en
    Pocket Plus on my Today Screen

Screen01.bmp

Screen02.bmp
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisholland View Post
    Try SPB Pocket Plus

I like tweaking the UI while having it all on the Today screen. I have issues and I like to be in control , and I feel like Mobile Shell is in control of the interface too much.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en
    Thanks, I had a look at all SPB's wares, including Pocket Plus, but it was a bit over my head and a bit too 'busy'.

The battery drain issue has disappeared, so hopefully it was an Activesync hang problem and was resolved by a soft rest... fingers crossed!