Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw this over at Youtube...

The poster of the video did not explain how he did this. I wonder if anyone here does. I am not a WM user and i looked through the threads here and i did not seem to find any mention of this kind of "modification" of the 800w.

Get this on the 800w or Treo Pro and I may very well switch to WM.
    he's using spb mobile shell and a htc skin.
    You can also try just loading the Manilla cab.
    i posted it...
    i gave directions in the today screen sticky thread
    Quote Originally Posted by telomerase View Post
    i posted it...
    i gave directions in the today screen sticky thread
    Looks awesome - will be trying it out shorlty. Thanks Telo!

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...&postcount=171
    Was the SMS notification issue ever resolved with this?
    Is this with or without real vga?
  8.    #8  
    How does the rest of the phone function with this theme? Is the keyboard still as useable? What is the issue with the SMS?
    I'm about to install this tomorrow but what are the issues? I want to make sure its worth my time/money. thanks
    Its all looking nice, but I'm also a WinMo virgin they should just make a zip package so we know what to intall on our 800w. So many files in many threads, kind of nervous to download them...
    I tried this some weeks back when the how-to was posted and it looks GREAT but if I remember correctly you need SPB 2.0 and 96dpi. (Don't know if that's changed since).
    I've since uninstalled it b/c even though it looks nice, in the end it was more about looks and not enough functionality (for ME).
    But give it a shot, it looks great! (Again, I don't remember whether 2.0 is needed + 96dpi).
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    I tried this some weeks back when the how-to was posted and it looks GREAT but if I remember correctly you need SPB 2.0 and 96dpi. (Don't know if that's changed since).
    I've since uninstalled it b/c even though it looks nice, in the end it was more about looks and not enough functionality (for ME).
    But give it a shot, it looks great! (Again, I don't remember whether 2.0 is needed + 96dpi).
    I think SPB Shell 2.0 or 2.1 is needed. When I tried it with the current SPB Mobile Shell, Real VGA kept saying that the 96 dpi could not be found, so it was stuck in 128 and it didn't look good.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    3 things I didn't like about this:

1. the onscreen dialpad is small, does not take the whole screen

2. Even thou i don't use it but Maps it doesn't work.

3. some icons on the mobile shell doesn't work (Battery icon, SMS)

So bottom part if they come up with a fix for the dialpad and mobile icons i will install it again
  14.    #14  
    hmm, if it needs 96dpi, how were these guys able to install this on their phones? is that what real VGA app for?
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post

So bottom part if they come up with a fix for the dialpad and mobile icons i will install it again

maybe i did something different, but maps works fine on mine. battery icon, and SMS icon also work. I do have the dialpad problem, but it works, even if it takes up 2/3, rather than the entire screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inimical View Post
    Was the SMS notification issue ever resolved with this?

SPB has a new version 2.12 that fixes the icon problem. Not sure about whether or not it works with realvga though. Others have reported that it does not. I don't use realvga.

Maps icons are fine -- Assuming you are talking about Google and/or Telenav.

My dialpad is fine, but I'm using the stock 2.1.2 skin right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    SPB has a new version 2.12 that fixes the icon problem. Not sure about whether or not it works with realvga though. Others have reported that it does not. I don't use realvga.

Maps icons are fine -- Assuming you are talking about Google and/or Telenav.

My dialpad is fine, but I'm using the stock 2.1.2 skin right now.

Yes they do work, but do they work with the HTC Skin? That's what all this is about
    Yes they do work, but do they work with the HTC Skin? That's what all this is about
    Hmmm, too many "this" comments w/o reference to "what" for a simpleton like me to follow...
    The main reason for this thread is to try to have the HTC Diamond skin on the Mobile Shell, On the previous version of Mobile Shell the skin actually worked but you had to use real vga to convert it into 96dpi, but the only problem with the previous version of mobile shell was the SMS notification, Small dialpad, Maps didn't worked
    The main reason for this thread is to try to have the HTC Diamond skin on the Mobile Shell, On the previous version of Mobile Shell the skin actually worked but you had to use real vga to convert it into 96dpi, but the only problem with the previous version of mobile shell was the SMS notification, Small dialpad, Maps didn't worked
    Got it.
    Well, I have Shell 2.1.2 installed, no realVGA and I make good backups. I will cruise over to the SPB forum and see if I can help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast