Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    man i'm glad i asked.... kinoma is great!! back on top of iphone dorks!
    so instructions? perfect compatibility yet?
    i havent been tweaking with my phone for months now yet i still find this interesting. any updates for this?
    It's Touch Flo 2D, which runs on the 800w via hack. Read how here.

No Touch Flo 3D interface works with 320 X 320 devices like the 800w. Nobody with the skills (those who typically hang out at XDA developers) has ever made a TF3D port. And given the square 320 X 320 resolution, I'm just suspecting it would not be easy. Since TF3D is for VGA and later editions of TF3D were made originally for WVGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post

No Touch Flo 3D interface works with 320 X 320 devices like the 800w. Nobody with the skills (those who typically hang out at XDA developers) has ever made a TF3D port. And given the square 320 X 320 resolution, I'm just suspecting it would not be easy. Since TF3D is for VGA and later editions of TF3D were made originally for WVGA.
    is that the same as the spb and realvga? whats better? im reading that topic you linked right now
    You might want to ask those questions there in that forum. They may be able to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post

I believe it isn't *just* the resolution issues, TF3D also requires an OpenGL ES driver which is device-specific and none exists for the 800w.

FWIW, I've tried a couple different versions of TF2D, and I could never get it to work 100% right on the 800w (96DPI or 128DPI). Seriously, if you want TouchFlo you're better off buying an HTC device...

(ughh, the winkie dude is just plain creepy)
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post

(ughh, the winkie dude is just plain creepy)
    Yea, I think the only person that likes him is the graphics designer who created him .

I think for the 800w, there are lots of other options for launch programs aside from Touch Flo.

And thanks for the info about the drivers .
    it just looks so clean to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    it just looks so clean to me.
    It looks best on a true VGA screen or WVGA, such as the Touch Pro/Diamond or coming Touch Pro 2/Diamond 2 .

I've got a Touch Pro, but I'm running the Touch HD's Touch Flo interface, TF3D HD. And similar for my Touch Pro is coming for me to have the Touch Pro 2's version of Touch Flo BEFORE Sprint will even have the Touch Pro 2 on sale.

No, I don't think those other launcher programs are as good as Touch Flo 3D, especially not the Touch Pro 2 version. But I was trying to give you something to smile about in mentioning you have other options . Devices like the Touch Pro/Diamond and IPhone are going to have really nice user interfaces, because the usefulness of those devices is what can be made of the screen.
    i meant the op post. im not gonna be trading my 800 anytime soon. i love it even with its cons because it suits my needs. so can anyone reccomend something similar to the op that is compatible with the 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    i meant the op post. im not gonna be trading my 800 anytime soon. i love it even with its cons because it suits my needs. so can anyone reccomend something similar to the op that is compatible with the 800w?
    Telomerase said he posted it. By 'it' I assumed he meant the youtube video.

His directions are here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=171
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12